Candle Holders

A little diversion from the ongoing Pub Chair project (to be posted on completion in 3 to 4 weeks) .. make some prototypes to get the daughter's approval for the upcoming wedding. So, here is what they will look like .. P1170006.JPG

uprights will be cherry or maple .. maybe some of each ??? Disks are walnut. Finish will be Natural Danish Oil. They will look like this .. P1240035.JPG

Made two jigs to speed up the production process as the 'make 'em' decision was quickly made. One for the slots in the uprights .. P1220030.JPG
One for the slots in the disks .. P1220033.JPGP1220032.JPG. This way the uprights have nowhere to go on assembly.

Fun little project ... only ??? how many more to go .. daughter is still tallying the final count.

I find that I have as much fun figureing out the jigs as I do on some of my projects! :) Question, how are the pieces held together, glue only? Nice job. Russ

Russ, you are on the money ... glue only. That is the other reason I cut the slots in the disk ... two flat surfaces to mate, as opposed to one flat (upright) and once arc (disk). I am considering contrasting dowels to put through the top upright/disk joints ... and then fake dowel plugs on the bottom. This would be the 'belt and suspenders' approach. Thanks for asking.

I really like your candle holders. However, I have some concerns about your hands and wrists. Let's see, 400 guests probably means about 325 families. That means 325 candle holders to give one to each family. On the other hand, if you don't give one to each family, your daughter is going to have to rent a storage shed to keep 325 of them for her daughter's wedding.

Sorry, but I just had to have some fun with this.

Enjoy and may the wedding and the marriage be perfect!

JimB

Robert very nice center pieces. Best i have seen in years. Great design gotta a bit of western feel to it from my perspective, well executed in choice of wood and manufacture and your belts and braces idea is cherry on the cake. Now if new SIL was to lend a hand and get some shop time in well that would be a bonus.:)
Wish you all the best with the wedding.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk