Has anyone actually read this document....

Rob Keeble

Debowel the GPS on your phone. Big Brother knows enough already. :D

here is a question for you,, why does a eye doctor need your S.S number? are they gonna claim our benifits??? i am not even old enough to get some yet

Not to worry. There won't be anything left by the time we get there.

Big brother is here, and is here because all of us have opened the doors and let him in. This forum, Twitter, Facebook and many other places have our data, know what we talk about, and to whom we talk. Phone conversations and SMS are stored without any judicial order or whatsoever. Once I had 10 messages in my cell phone, I deleted them, what what my surprise when I got all them back 2 days after!!

Toni,

At least in Europe you have strong data privacy protections. The EU's legislation is the gold standard for the world. Canada's laws, though not quite as extensive, are excellent as well...

Thanks,

Bill

Toni,

At least in Europe you have strong data privacy protections. The EU's legislation is the gold standard for the world. Canada's laws, though not quite as extensive, are excellent as well...

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill, I'm a complete ignorant about data privacy laws in US, but I can assure you that here, ( or at least in Spain) are made to control you.
For instance, it is very easy to give away your data, in fact they are asking it more and more for almost anything.
According to the law you "have the right to cancel, modify or erase that data", however when you try to do it, they put you all the possible barriers.

I tried it once, so when I called a company telling them that I wanted my data erased from their files, they said that I should send them a letter with a copy of my ID card, stating my wish to do so. When I asked wether they would send me a confirmation of having done it they said it wasn't their policy.
Then, when asked why they wanted my ID card, they said that it was to prevent someone other than me asking for deletion. Then I said, but then you'll have my data again because you'll have my ID card with all the data, so how can I trust you that you'll do what I'm asking?

Here in EU there is what is called the Robinson list, that is a list where you enter your name (again) and suposedly any company trying to send you unwanted mail or e-mail should check that you are not in it before sending it or they risk getting a fine. I wonder if it works.

Maybe. But Google won't release that data without a subpoena... ;)
l
And in fairness they DO show how much they give out - at least as best as they can... I actually applaud that part since it shows how much the system is abused. Better to know than not to know...

You think that's bad? You should see what the banks and even the grocery stores do with your data...
Bill

Sigh, you don't know the half of it. I know for a fact that walmart (at least) sends (or used to send ~7 years ago and I can't imagine its gotten better) all purchase data and pictures of purchasers (yep and pictures) to a DHS facility.

...I know for a fact that walmart (at least) sends (or used to send ~7 years ago and I can't imagine its gotten better) all purchase data and pictures of purchasers (yep and pictures) to a DHS facility.

I'm a Walmart shopper, but if I was looking for kooks and weirdos, I'd think Walmart would be a good place to start. :crazy: :whistling: :D

Hey, everybody in the world has access to your SS number. There is no point in not giving it out now.

Please understand that I do NOT give it out until told the reason it is needed. There is a law in the USA that says that you do not have to give it.

Dare I say, "Enjoy?"

JimB