Dad is having open heart surgery

I'm glad your dad came through the surgery well, Dave. I hope he has a quick recovery!

As someone who went through the surgery two years ago, I can understand fully the risks. I died as they were beginning the procedure but a couple of shocks brought me back. There are a lot of things that can happen during recovery but you have to trust the doctors and nurses to do their part. I had to stay in the hospital a week longer than expected, but that just meant more time with a couple of great-looking nurses!!! :thumb:

Wonderful news.

Now you have to be a younger "parent" and not let him screw up the recovery. I have known too many people who have a great surgery and then don't do what they are supposed to do thereafter. If he gets off track, just remind him that there is nothing good enough to eat (or lift or not exercise or whatever) to let this happen again.

Enjoy and be glad,

JimB

Wishing the best for your father. He's likely in very good hands.

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

after visiting dad and on the way out I was waiting for my wife to come out of the rest room near the elevators and these nurses came around the corner with this elderly lady early 80's on a gurney, she caught a climps of me and bursted out ; I thought you were my husband ! I looked at her and said ; He must be one good look man. She said HECK ! Everyone LOL she had to be 20 years older then me. Think I made her day.