It's Friday! 2/3 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Will be testing out new PB software with a touch screen and DSLR camera today and tomorrow. May make some new bench organizers tomorrow morning/afternoon too. Dinner with friends on Saturday night. More of the same Sunday, then hanging out with friends for the Superbowl.

Whatcha all got going on?

Having one of our neices spend the night with our daughter tonight. Hopefully an early night as I know it will be an early morning with these two :doh:...Satruday I hope to not have to shovel to much heavy snow and have some shop time before the KU v MU bball game. Rock Chalk!! :thumb: Sunday will probably be some play time in the snow and hopefully some more shop time.

I'm still fighting a cold off and on, so using that as an excuse to spend time at the computer rather than more productive activity. :)

I'll try to get some shop time this afternoon. It's time to sand and topcoat some parts for my credenza.

Saturday will be more time on SketchUp, then whatever LOML says - probably an early dinner at Applebee's this week.

Sunday will be the usual: I'll prepare brunch, then decide what we're going to have for dinner. I'm sure we'll have the "Big Game" on, whether we're watching it intently or not.

22148_1234740762201_1639667167_591890_2167591_n.jpgBusy Busy Busy , wife is off with her friends scrap booking. Working in the shop today. Waiting for Jarrod to get out of DC on a delivery and pick up, Then I'm off to the HD dealer to trade in the sporty on an 09 Electric Glide with 2700 miles Black Sweat ! Tomorrow off to Harrisburg Pa to the National Hunting and Fishing show and Sunday Church and FOOTBALL!
I have got to get back into the next painting some time. Sneak peak at whats on the easel. This is my buddy Grosvenor in Va who had the hunting accident. I told him I was going to paint this and he said: Your going to make me buy a painting yet ! LOL

Waiting for a blizzard to hit tonight, weatherman said 100% chance of snow tonight and tomorrow plus 35 MPH wind. 7-10 inches predicted. Maybe I'll run a rope from the house to the shop so I don't get lost :D

I have to drive out to my sons house to pick up an extra sofa for the superbowl party.
I know I can make people sit on chairs, but since theres only going to be 8-9 of us watching the game, I think sofas will be much more comfortable.
The food order is in. Delivery time set for 5:30 pm.
4 foot grilled chicken hero with fresh mozzarella and pepper. Large tray of wings, small tray of ziti, and a small tray of something else, not sure what my wife ordered. 2 square pies, real pizza, not the chain store variety.
Before the food, 200 asst pigs/blankets, mini knishes/spinach puffs, pretzel nuggets, and whatever else is in that pack.
Theres 2 shopping bags full of asst chips(blue chips included) and dips, not to mention all the sweets/chocolates, veggie tray, fresh melons/fruit medley.
The grill is cleaned and ready in case anyone wants a hotdog or burger before the food arrives(no steaks, I dont want to work)
Open bar, (my son isnt into football that much, although his girlfriend will be glued to the game, so hes the bartender)
And a few people are arriving early, so we are probably going to start with a deli lunch and some salads.
No fancy smancy foods at this house this weekend, just football(comfort) food.
It will just be an eating frenzy from 1 pm till 11 pm.
Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to drive out to my sons house to pick up an extra sofa for the superbowl party.
I know I can make people sit on chairs, but since theres only going to be 8-9 of us watching the game, I think sofas will be much more comfortable.
The food order is in. Delivery time set for 5:30 pm.
4 foot grilled chicken hero with fresh mozzarella and pepper. Large tray of wings, small tray of ziti, and a small tray of something else, not sure what my wife ordered. 2 square pies, real pizza, not the chain store variety.
Before the food, 200 asst pigs/blankets, mini knishes/spinach puffs, pretzel nuggets, and whatever else is in that pack.
Theres 2 shopping bags full of asst chips(blue chips included) and dips, not to mention all the sweets/chocolates, veggie tray, fresh melons/fruit medley.
The grill is cleaned and ready in case anyone wants a hotdog or burger before the food arrives(no steaks, I dont want to work)
Open bar, (my son isnt into football that much, although his girlfriend will be glued to the game, so hes the bartender)
And a few people are arriving early, so we are probably going to start with a deli lunch and some salads.

I'm a little worried about you Allen. I don't think you have enough food coming... :rofl:

No shop time for me (since the shop is about 14 hours away), but I'll be doing some housekeeping around the bachelor pad in preparation for a visit from LOML next week. Heck, I might even go all out and wash the dishes and put clean sheets on the bed. :p

I had no specific plans for the game on Sunday, but after seeing this...

...The food order is in. Delivery time set for 5:30 pm.

...if I leave now, I can easily be there by 1:00 Sunday.
eating.gif
:D

finally gettin some time in the shop after a week of cold symtoms,,thanks to the others at work they had for two weeks and just had to share,, got a class on sat, and the game on sunday.... my predition is the pats over the giants, brady is gonna want revenge,, but i would like manning to hand him another piece of humble pie:)

none of you scare me. no shop tours on sunday, well, maybe a little, the new security cams are going up in the shop sunday.
Im quite sure come 5 pm sunday, the few people that havent yet decided if they want to stay home, or my kids friends that find out theres food here,(and free beer) Im sure the tv room will be crowded. (I got the new flat screen at the right time. I didnt buy it for football but wanted to put a tv into the guest bedroom and decided to purchase a new one for the den/tv room. 70 inches gives a good picture. My friend of 42 years is coming with his 88 y/o dad, whos eyes have gone south the past few years. He loves the large screen, actually able to enjoy a game. Hes been over each week to watch all the playoff games, and Im glad to have him over. He knows my wife since shes a baby, as she grew up next door to them)

finally gettin some time in the shop after a week of cold symtoms,,thanks to the others at work they had for two weeks and just had to share,, got a class on sat, and the game on sunday.... my predition is the pats over the giants, brady is gonna want revenge,, but i would like manning to hand him another piece of humble pie:)

I just keep hearing the news, and reading in the local papers, that all the Indy fans want the giants because of baby manning and because they just hate the patriots. Local news teams have been saying its almost as if its a home game for the giants. Ill take any type of mental advantage. I just finished putting up dozens of giants posters(homemade on computer) all over my home and outside. My wife doesnt like all the signs, but i do it to get a rise out of her.

As things go Plans change. No Hunting and fishing show this weekend , a lot of extra work came in today. So I had to put off the Trade till tomorrow after work. I can be @ Allen's in 4, Sounds like a Party !
I usually go to my ole Buddys Phils home every year for the big Bowl game.

talking about the superbowl, did anyone catch the ellen show today?(I dont normally watch it, but today was special)
someone we grew up with,(were still very friendly, they have a set of my adirondack chairs, hehehe) their kid Jill was on the ellen show and won a free trip and ticket to the superbowl.
She was flown out to cali to be on the show, lucky lucky kid.
a great experience for her, shell be telling her grandchildren about.

Last edited: