No Internet

Well I'm gona be gone from here for awhile as I can't get a high speed internet until the Dish Network gets set up some time around the 1st of March. I dont want to get locked in to a Dial up connection for a year so will just have to wait. Will be using McDonalds wifi when I can. :wave::wave:

Jay

Well that sucks for sure!

I'm sure you'll find something to do with all that free time you will have, when you do get a net connection, we expect to see some project pics :D

You can get fries with that! :thumb: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I need that

Now that's a serious bummer! Have you checked the other satellite providers?

All the others are too slow and I dont want locked it to a 2 year contract with verizon for the 3G system. The New Dish is to run at 12mb and 10G for $50.00

Well that sucks for sure!

I'm sure you'll find something to do with all that free time you will have, when you do get a net connection, we expect to see some project pics :D

Got that right Stu and I am taking lots of picture on the Shop remodel for sure

You can't get a DSL connection through you telephone company there? :huh:

Nope Jim only Dial up and they said they will never have anything more for my area.

Have you checked out these guys?

http://www.tahighspeed.com/coverage.php

Their rates look a little high to me.

I've had satellite before, and I can tell you, it can be 'ok' but the bandwidth caps and the latency involved in sending the signal to outer space and back is a little daunting. I'm on terrestrial wireless now, and I can tell you it's way better.

Have you checked out these guys?

http://www.tahighspeed.com/coverage.php

Their rates look a little high to me.

I've had satellite before, and I can tell you, it can be 'ok' but the bandwidth caps and the latency involved in sending the signal to outer space and back is a little daunting. I'm on terrestrial wireless now, and I can tell you it's way better.

I have looked at them but are high set up and slow speed the guy the is the Dish Dealer is using it and said I could set in his yard and use his wifi if I want but he is going to switch to the Dish system when its up as it is a LOT faster.

Have you looked into Hughes Net? Don't know anything about them, but their advertising say anywhere where there's southern exposure... Rates may be higher though.

I think the Dish network has bought them out and that is what the new system is replacing.