follow me exercise

Looking good, Don.

I'm finding that Follow Me is a great tool for many things. This is a fairly simple item, but I needed it to add to a bathroom and closet remodel I'm planning.

I used Follow Me to make an individual wire for a shelf assembly by having a small circle follow two edges of a rectangle.
ShelfWire_end.jpg

Another thing Dave demonstrated was using a multiplier with Move/Copy. I took one of the wires, used Move/Copy to space it over 1", then typed *69 to make a total of 70 to fill the length I needed.
ShelfWire_oa.jpg

Looking good, Don.

I'm finding that Follow Me is a great tool for many things. This is a fairly simple item, but I needed it to add to a bathroom and closet remodel I'm planning.

I used Follow Me to make an individual wire for a shelf assembly by having a small circle follow two edges of a rectangle.
View attachment 64836

Another thing Dave demonstrated was using a multiplier with Move/Copy. I took one of the wires, used Move/Copy to space it over 1", then typed *69 to make a total of 70 to fill the length I needed.
View attachment 64837

That is cool I was just now messing with the multi copy tool

Larry, you did good on your spinny thingy!

Don, I practiced with the Move/Copy multiply and divide function also (still practicing). When I did the dovetails, I drew the top tail, used it to Move/Copy to the bottom tail position, then typed /2 to add the center tail exactly in the middle. I think I'm going to like that functionality!

Larry, you did good on your spinny thingy!

Don, I practiced with the Move/Copy multiply and divide function also (still practicing). When I did the dovetails, I drew the top tail, used it to Move/Copy to the bottom tail position, then typed /2 to add the center tail exactly in the middle. I think I'm going to like that functionality!

hmmm something new to play with

simple table with double bevel.. now when you done the move in /2 bill that put it in the middle? also you had to do that agin on the opposite side right,, looking at the same face..
table w-double bevel.jpg

... now when you done the move in /2 bill that put it in the middle? also you had to do that agin on the opposite side right,, looking at the same face..

I made the tails and pins on one corner, then turned the box and repeated on the other end of the end piece. To save some time, I then deleted the end with the hole in it and copied the end with the pins into that position. With the pins showing through on both of those corners, it was easy to use them as a pattern to draw lines, then push the 'waste' away from the tails. To complete the assembly, I put the lid back in place (after moving the nut and pin) so I could drill a new hole.

By the way, you did good on your table! :thumb: