well, today's the day....

Dan Noren

Staff member
if you've seen the news yesterday, you will have seen that the company i work for is offloading around 800 people. today is the day of my one on one meeting to see when the last day is, and more info on what's going on. oh well, here's to finding a better company.... :thumb:

Well, that bites. Do you know for sure if you're one of the 800, or are you one of the ones left behind whose work load just doubled? :rolleyes:

yup, i'm one of the bunch that's gone. we're being outsourced to tcs (tata consulting services of india). no if's, and's, or but's about it. there's a severence package, but i guess that's if we decide to stick it out to the bitter end. there's a lot of people (both here and in boisie) that are really upset about this. the company thinks that by sacrificing the 800 of us is going to help lower the prices on the shelf, and turn the company around. so far the stock is down 14 cents a share. i'll post more after the meeting.

My old company and a couple my wife worked for outsourced. Their quality of work and the rate of production drastically declined after. They are most likely going to do the same, but all they care about is increasing their stock prices. My old company had a decrease in sales of over $48 million in the past year...still not getting it.

Sorry to hear the news, hope the severance is worth it and buys you time to get another position. Either way greener pastures await.

That does indeed bite. In my career I have worked for more than one outfit that provided outsourced services. It was all about meeting the minimum SLA with the minimum amount of staff. The marketing people promised the world, sold the deal and we delivered on the exact contractual requirements. The Customer Representatives then spent the first year or so sucking up to the client, explaining that sales people's dog and pony glamour didn't map directly to the contract in effect, blah, blah, blah and salving over the inevitable problems that come with farming out something you're good at to a bunch of folks who are just doing their job. The bottom line looks great, stockholders are temporarily happy and the folks who decided to outsource take their golden parachute at the first opportunity and move on to the next company with a track record of "meeting their goals". Yes . . . I truly live in a Dilbert cartoon.

your starting a trend there dano,, you got referred earlier last year or the year before.. now your doing it again one thing about it your gonna be way to over qualified with all these companies experience under your belt....

the funny thing is, is that the company just doesn't get it. in the over a year and a half that i've been there, (we have us onshore, and tcs offshore) there has been a complete turnover of people on the tcs side, while we've had the same crew of people. now they're turning over the whole of our bunch, our operations, and support people to tcs. basically what i call a bunch of cabbages, all head, and no practical experience. it is like the sigma 6 scam, as long as the monkey pushes the buttons at the right time, and everything sticks to the script, all is well and good. but, if it goes off script, and no one has any practical experience in fixing things, that's when the real fun starts. not that i'm calling the tcs people monkeys, they're good people, but all they know is what's on the run sheet, and not much else. not sure if i can name the company i work for (that whole tos thing ya know), but they've taken to calling themselves "america's grocer" by thier own admission (sort of like the dallas cowboys calling themselves america's team).

on the football side, if you need a place to lay low for a while allen, you can stay here with us vikings fans....:rofl::rofl::rofl: