I finally gave in

allen levine

Im about to start cabinets for the attic bedroom, attic bathroom, and then, even though I dont think Im qualified, Im going to make kitchen cabinets for my son.
no more furniture for quite a while starting next week.
been stalling and I needed to work on better dust collection on the ts, and finally got a cabinet making set of bits.

Attachments

• cabinet 212 (Medium) (2).jpg
    cabinet 212 (Medium) (2).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 45
Have at em Allen:thumb: You will do just fine with cabs, once you get started on them you will wonder why you did not do cabs earlier:) and I guarantee your build will go MUCH faster then mine did:)

seems I always have to learn the hard way.
the set has a 3.5 inch wide panel raiser bit, and ofcourse, my router table aluminum plate only has a 3.25 inch opening.
Never even thought about that when I ordered, since i use the panel raiser bit I have.
Now Ill have to order a new plate with a wider opening and then redrill it all for the router.
Not something I planned to do.

Allen you keep this up and your going to shame me into building a new kitchen. As of now I'm thinking of going with "custom" cabinets from on of the local kitchen shops.

just to be clear, Im going to attempt kitchen cabinets.
Ill start messing around with some built ins in the attic.
unfortunately, I have to do some wall patchups, paint, and worst of all, rip up carpet before I start the woodworking.

Last edited:
some plates are all ready pre-drilled to fit certain routers allen, and if you do need to re-drill make sure your centered in the hole..

I can onlly get the plate from mcls its a 12x9 plate, I wont mess around trying to recut the center hole on the old plate.
when I get back from montreal, Ill order a new plate and drill out the router holes. The plates arent predrilled, but they come with marked spots for drilling to make it easy.