It's Friday! 2/17 edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF!!!

I've got a 3 day weekend. Will be working on some photo booth stuff tonight as I'll be doing my niece's b-day party tomorrow night. Sunday I'll be doing some pickup around the shop and moving more stuff around. I may try to get the CNC router setup again to play with. Monday we've got to drop my wife's car off to get a seal changed, was quoted $35 and told that they had already done a couple this week for the same kind of car. Owner was a real nice guy to talk to, so hopefully I'll be able to finally give some faith to a local car shop. ;)

So what's everyone else got going on?

Retirement means I have lots more time to do woodworking; right?

No. Retirement means that I have to scrounge and plot to find time to do woodworking. That is because being retired means that you have time to do (add any 1,000 tasks that apply to you) ________. And because of these 1,000 tasks that you now have time to do, you have to scrounge to find time to do woodworking.

Enjoy (if you can find time),

JimB

Saturday I'll be spending one more day with LOML before she heads back home. Sunday I'll be moping around the house and feeling lonely. Monday I'll be enjoying the fact that I work for a government contractor and we get all the federal holidays off with pay. :)

Friday: I was actually back in my shop for a short while today doing a bit to some components of my credenza project that I'm still trying to get on track after dealing with a lot of Winter allergy issues the past month! I'm also working on elements of a remodel of our master bathroom on SketchUp.

Saturday: The NASCAR drought is over!!! Needless to say, I'll be in front of the big screen a large part of the day!

Sunday: Should be a lazy day. I'll prepare brunch as usual. Then, if the weather cooperates, a couple of ribeyes will make their way to the grill later in the day.

Having another MRI on my back Saturday. I went through the series of 3 injection treatments and it was doing pretty good until I dropped the stupid board and broke my toe. Doc figures I somehow screwed up the back again then and wants another mri. Gave me a 4th injection and another round of steriod pills but no luck. Slipping disk and spinal stenosis. Next step is probably surgery. Big step though. Doc says it's major surgery and recovery is long and hard. May or may not have it.

Sunday my wife and daughter are having a baby shower for another of my daughters. I'm heading off for Chinese food with 3 of my son in laws. Hopefully the house will have calmed down by the time we get back.:doh:

Tonight a quiet night at the house. I will be drinking plenty of water in preperation for the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival tomorrow. I might be a bit bloated after 6hrs of bacon and beer so the rest of the weekend will be for recovery.

Does the ticket include free defibrillator pads? Just stick them on at the beginning of the week and they'll be in place when you need them? :D Sorry was having the visions of the "Da Bears" SNL skit.

Does the ticket include free defibrillator pads? Just stick them on at the beginning of the week and they'll be in place when you need them? :D Sorry was having the visions of the "Da Bears" SNL skit.

:rofl::D I plan on having a bit of bacon, but not as much as I might want to have. There's even a piece of bacon in each beer poured! I won't be wearing my wedding ring either, I'm guessing my fingers will be a bit swollen by the end....:D

Watching shop videos while I continue to recover. It's Family day in Ontario, Monday, and in about four other provinces. Think I'm going to celebrate my brother in law's 65th on Monday, and possibly to spend some time with my daughter, as they are both in Guelph, about 100km distant.

The Hebrews have a saying - man [and woman] plans and God laughs. Which pretty much sums up my life lately. Had three days shop time planned this week. Two medical emergencies, one surgery and two arrests called me into pastor duty. Haven't seen the inside of the shop in more than a week. So no planning for me. Maybe I'll get some shop time in. Hope so. I have a deadline for the pulpit coming up.

Finish some clean up in the shop and mill some lumber for some picture frames, finish some shelves for the house, and get started on my next urn design.