I said goodbye to my 8 inch jointer and 15 inch planer this afternoon

Frank Pellow

In the thread http://familywoodworking.org/forums...ing-shed-is-underway&highlight=reorganization, I said that if my workshed reorg did not work I would attempt to sell my jointer and planer and replace them with a combo machine.

I gave it a couple of months, but the place still seemed crowded. So, last week, I put the planer and jointer up for sale. They sold quickly and, this afternoon, the new owner and his dad came and picked them up. I organized things well and it only took us 20 minutes to get the machines our of the workshed and into the trailer. Her are some photos:

Goodbye to my jointer and planer -1 -small.JPG Goodbye to my jointer and planer -2 -small.JPG Goodbye to my jointer and planer -3 -small.JPG

That frees up a whole lot of space:

Goodbye to my jointer and planer -4 -small.JPG

I expect to purchase a combo jointer-planer withing the next month and it will probably be a Hammer A3 31. It weighs close to 700 pounds, so I expect getting the jointer-planer into my workshed will not be as easy as removing the machines that it will be replacing.

Wow Frank quiet the big step. I would have had a hard time parting with such good quality machines, its no wonder they sold so quickly. X5 Delta and someone that has looked after their machines could not be a better place to buy.
Look forward to hearing all about the new machine. I expect you will be happy with the space saving. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk