Is this saw worth anything?

Have been thinking about this saw all afternoon and I think this could be made as a homebuild. I think someone could make one cheep enough that it would be worth the try. However the blade is what gets me. I'd think something like a back saw or the like but nothing I have could or would be that egressive. Hand saws to me would be slow work. I'll have to think about this concept more before I file it. Still a cool idea for someone building small parts though.

Have been thinking about this saw all afternoon and I think this could be made as a homebuild. I think someone could make one cheep enough that it would be worth the try. However the blade is what gets me. I'd think something like a back saw or the like but nothing I have could or would be that egressive. Hand saws to me would be slow work. I'll have to think about this concept more before I file it. Still a cool idea for someone building small parts though.

The blade is basically a Japanese saw. Very thin, very fast cutting, even in hard wood. The mechanism controls depth and position, so the cuts are amazingly precise.

I've used this saw, had hands on here a couple of years back, met the guy the runs that company.
You could not build this saw for $300, it is a precision instrument. The fit finish and quality on this unit is hard to believe until you actually use it and take a good look at it, which I did. Would I buy one? Most likely not, but for some people who need the precision that this tool offers it would be well worth the money. It is a very specialized tool for a very specialized market, and I'm very happy to see that such a market exists and that they are making a fair living at it.

This is one amazing piece of kit, don't knock it if you have not seen it in the flesh, and understand that it is NOT for mass consumption.

The owner/designer often travels to the Lie-Nielsen hand-tool shows, which is where I have seen it demonstrated several times. Stuart is right - it is a precision tool. If you listen to the sales pitch, you should sell your tablesaw and dovetail jig to get his tool. I didn't make that plunge, but I did see a very impressive tool.