What makes this forum faster vs. slower

I know that most all the hunting forums are slow right now but thats to be expected ....nothing is in season.

But wood never goes out out, work and creativity never stops. Oh there may be a brain freeze , mind block, cut finger here or there but nothing to really stop cause stoppage except.......................

for me I get a little miffed @ having to remain quite at times. You all know what I mean.

So what is your excuse...........................?

Recovering from a surgery that effected my equilibrium. Spinning blades and bits don't mix well with a guy who staggers like a drunk......

I have no excuse...projects and pics to follow after this weekend! :thumb:

Unless I get sidetracked with something else....:doh::eek::rolleyes:

Recovering from a surgery that effected my equilibrium. Spinning blades and bits don't mix well with a guy who staggers like a drunk......
Ken , know your in my prayers. Stay away from electrical tooth brushes. You don't want to get your tong all twisted :thumb:

Also although I am not here a bit of the time dosn't mean that your not in my thoughts. I refer the forum to customers all the time who are home wood workers.

Dave,

I am actually doing quite well.

I have recovered most of my equilibrium and don't stagger like a drunk any more. In fact, I picked back up on an oak entertainment center that was interrupted by my surgery. I can hear and understand human voices even in a noisey situations like restaurants. I attended a movie a week ago tonight and heard every word. I hear music, some pretty accurate, some shallow due to missing frequencies and a small percentage distorted. Due to audio quality issues, television audio and telephone audio are still a struggle but...... I am considering turning the closed captioning off on my television. Though I still struggle with telephones (that is normal for someone after first getting a cochlear implant) last night my youngest son called from Houston and I talked with him for 20-25 minutes until my wife got home. I got off because it is literally a mental struggle to hear on the phone at this time. It was the first and longest phone call we had since I became deaf nearly 2 years ago. He told my wife that after 2 years it was a joy to have a 20 minute phone conversation with Dad during which Dad could understand the vast majority of what he said.

I am doing extremely well!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

Still getting use to the new medications......but I am still in the shop at least an hour a day. Just finding busy work

I've actually done a couple of woodworking projects lately...guess I should get them posted. Most of my time has been eaten up testing out new booth software and designing booth screen layouts lately. Also have been spending a lot of time on my website and doing marketing. Has been paying off though, have a gig this weekend and got a contract for a wedding in July this week.

My excuse is I've just had a lot of non-woodworking projects going on. Been posting some of them here. Really want to get back to woodworking, but seems like things are just getting in the way...

been finding the majority of the board shows little interest in any of the flatwork section. no comments, not much constructive criticism,
Im always working on projects.
Did my first cope and stick set up today. woooohoooooo!!!!
Took me 2 hours to set up, add another hour watching videos on using a coping sled.
One tiny error, I had the collet nut just scratch the bottom of the coping sled, maybe 1/16th of an inch, didnt do any damage that matters. I had to raise the bit a drop, even though Id always rather have as much seated in the collet as possible.
(I always leave a 16th inch space normally)
gotta a chance to use my new bit set, and my new sled. And my dust collection piping on the TS worked easily for me to turn it down so I could work on router table side without any obstructions.
and I glued on 2 handles on the boxes that didnt make the cut, instead of the fire pit, I figured Id put a handle on them, and maybe one day a guest of mine will want one of them. I hate to toss anything I make, no matter how ugly.

Attachments

• cabinet 220 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 220 (Medium).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 16
  • cabinet 221 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 221 (Medium).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 15
  • cabinet 222 (Medium).jpg
    cabinet 222 (Medium).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 17
So what is your excuse...........................?

There has been so little woodworking talk that I no longer check the forum regular. I am not against the friendship and sharing, I just come here for the woodworking. I not finding much woodworking going.

Since all my woodworking is boat related and I have shown how I do that at least a couple of time. How many times can I post the same thing over and over? Would get sort of old.