not happy with Grizzly at the moment.

Frank Fusco

I got up to the Grizzly store in Springfield, MO on Saturday and picked up some small items I had been needing. Among them was a magnetic base light (G5683) that looked like it would be real useful in the shop. On sale too. Just now I opened the package and noted it looked as though it had been opened previously and then repacked.
Now, I know why. The 'magnetic' base is not magnetic. It won't stick to anything. Somebody at the factory goofed. Now, I have a wuthluss item. I e-mailed Griz with my complaint but it may be months before I get back to exchange it. And, I'm not sure where my receipt is. Uh-Oh! :eek: Without the receipt, Grizzly doesn't know who you are. :(

I always charge everything I purchase now for woodworking.
I feel with the computer registers, they can track your purchase if you lose the receipt.

did you use a debit or credit card?

Color me about half embarressed. There is a switch on the magnet base but no instructions. I figured it was a redundant light switch. I have never heard of a switch on a magnet other than big industrial stuff. So, with the switch on it is a magnet. Now, I'm wondering if something burns out if I leave it turned on. And, BTW, it does not need to be plugged in for the switch to work. Strange. Guess it has to be taken down when not in use. :huh:

g5683.jpg

Thats the same kind of base that dial indicators use.

It's a mechanical doflickus that moves the magnet farther away when 'off'.

No need to remove it when not in use.

Color me about half embarressed................

I've wore those colors more times than I care to admit...topper was when I bought '97 Wrangler a few years back...didn't know anything about the neutral safety switch thingy, which required one to step on the brake pedal before you could engage/shift the transmission. Drove it straight home from the dealer, and the next morning was calling him about to go off on a rampage because I couldn't get it out of 'park'....:eek::eek::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

View attachment 65400

Thats the same kind of base that dial indicators use.

It's a mechanical doflickus that moves the magnet farther away when 'off'.

No need to remove it when not in use.

Yeppers. Did get a nice reply from Griz tech support. I just don't want to chance ruining something because I don't understand the controls. I did suggest a small instruction sheet packed with the item would help.
Oh, well.....nebber mind. :eek: