For the techies here

Rob Keeble

I just had a technology thrill today.
Had to buy new cartridge for my color laser but after seeing the price i decided to buy a new printer instead. Son will take it with to school later this year so i picked up a Epson 4 in one with double sided printing and wireless. What a nice cheap fast unit.
Now this is not my first wifi printer.
The thrill came when i found out i could download a free epson print app for my Atrix mobile phone and hook up to print from phone to printer.

It was a simple thing but such a thrill to have tech work so wonderfully seamlessly and just work so well.
What a nice setup.

As Hannibal Smith from A team days would say...." I love it when a plan comes together."

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I know what you mean, Rob. It's pretty cool to see the kinds of tricks technology can do. I picked up an HP printer last weekend that's wi-fi, and it also works as a web-based network printer. I can e-mail a document from anywhere and it'll print it. And it was under $100. About the cost of three ink refills, I'm guessing.

I realize that for quite a while printer prices have been artificially low. They are viewed by the manufacturers as ink delivery devices. They just about give them away in order to sell ink.

Yup, got two Epsons at the house. One thing that is a pain is that they don't recognize the printer and install drivers, I have to run the epson install on each computer. But have had zero issues with them and I like the individual color cartridges.