Nap Car should be ashamed

Chuck Thoits

One of the things that has always been one of the best parts of nap car is they seem to always find a singer that can "unlike any of the super bowl ones" sing the national anthem. Today they have gone the way of just plan skip it please. Nothing worse than a butchering the song.:doh::doh:
I should add that most of the time nap car has a country singer doing the job and most of them can sing with out a remix.:thumb:

I think that they should go into the high schools around the area and find the singers. It seems to me that too many stars that they have sing have gotten the big head diease and think that they can make their own version. Their are many talented high school kids that could knock it out of the park. My son and 3 of his friends sang at many opening high school events.

Its a disgrace and embarrassment when a singer mess up like that. Sometimes you have to wonder what they thinking or not.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

And the worst part Rob is no one says wow you butchered that. Instead it what a good job they did.:doh:

I think that they should go into the high schools around the area and find the singers. It seems to me that too many stars that they have sing have gotten the big head diease and think that they can make their own version. Their are many talented high school kids that could knock it out of the park. My son and 3 of his friends sang at many opening high school events.
Yup Rex your spot on. I have heard more "untrained" singers nail it than the ones making tons of money:thumb::rofl::rofl:
Today was almost as bad as when Steven killed it for the Superbowl.

I am so glad someone did tell that idiot to take off whatever it was on his head. Do they not have to audition for this??? Someone sure dropped the ball on this group. At least the rest of the drivers learned from last week, when racing on a NASCAR track, taking a right turn is a recipe for disaster!

Yup Bob that's how it's done:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I was listening to the race on the radio. So I missed the whole hat thing.:doh:

Just a thought here, i dont even know if we get napcar on our tv and certainly have not listened for it on the radio, but i do think you guys should send emails or phone calls letting the organization know your feelings. I know many of you feel this wont change a thing, but you live in a democracy and voicing your feelings to the powers that be is part of what makes it a democracy. Let that subside and soon you will live in a place like I came from where for more years than i was old when i left, the powers that be did as they liked.

Bob hit the nail on the head. I will second his words.

" I may be old fashioned but I don't think that respect, values, and character have an expiration date."

If we want these terms to have longevity we gotta let them know we aint gonna lie down and accept them expiring. If we dont show we care they will think they can get away with it all the time.

Just my 5 cents.

Well I sent them an E mail and this is what I got so far

""First and foremost, we want to thank you for your interest in NASCAR. You can be assured that we take your feedback seriously. Everyone at NASCAR understands that the success of our sport depends on the support of the fans.
We read every e-mail we receive from our fans and respond to as many as possible. Thanks again, and we hope you enjoy the rest of the season."

This email is an auto response message."

we shall see it they give me a real response.

I wrote them also - actually two email notes - one about the Anthem and another about the 48 team. It's one thing to complain and another to take action and do something. ;)

I didnt see the performance, but I think nascar is trying to keep profits up, and like pro sports, the national anthem has become a TV spectacular. Hire big stars, hire a name, and in show biz, live events, well, they are not always perfect.
I dont think any professional singer or performer always has good shows.
If it was a 14 y/o kid singing it, and she stumbled, people would be much more forgiving, as I remember watching a sporting event clip where a kid forgot the words and the crowd helped her along.

Allen, NASCAR sells out for every single race, There are over 15 million people who turn on the race every single week for the entire 36 weeks of the season. I realy don't think profits are a problem for NASCAR, it might be for some of the teams but NASCAR does rather well. The problem with the Anthem wasn't that anyone forgot the words it was the way they sang it and the fact that one of the singer had to be told to take off his hat. they showed no respect.

Besides being a great idea to muster more local interest, it's more consistent with their history too. Fortunately, I missed the recent debacle!

What is Nap Car? I Googled the name and the only thing that came up is a joke about auto racing that puts people to sleep on their couch. Is it related to Nascar in some way? Is it a slang or pejorative term for Nascar?

I don't pay much attention to auto racing so if that's what it's about I may not have heard of it.

Mike