Are ready for some racing?

My oldest son and I needed a father/son outing. He's volunteered to help me paint my home this spring.....so I asked him (He's a major NASCAR fan). "If you could attend a race, which track would you like to go and watch a race?" He mentioned 2 tracks. So, I contacted a tour company that specializes in NASCAR race trips.

One week from today.............we fly to Knoxville, TN and on 3/17 and 3/18 we'll take a tour bus to Bristol for the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series races.

He's jacked and I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Enjoy Ken and take hearing protection, I am not jokeing. You both will need it.

Don...would you believe this deaf old man bought some Bose QC-15 noise canceling headphones? I can wear them on the airlines.....they fit over the soundprocessor for my cochlear implant and over my HA on the other ear...they cancel the jet engine noise and I can still hear the overhead speaker announcements.....I will wear them at Bristol....for the noise canceling capabilities.

And if things get really loud, I'll just take off the sound processor and the hearing aid...and this deaf guy won't hear a thing.....at all. I do it every night when I go to bed.....LOL.

I'll help paint, I'll help paint, I'll help paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son will be at one soon, he is coordinating the fly over. He would rather do the coordinating, he gets to stay for the race, the ones flying have to fly back to the base. He called me once fro Jeff Gordon's pit and held up the phone so I could hear what it sounds like.

I'll help paint, I'll help paint, I'll help paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son will be at one soon, he is coordinating the fly over. He would rather do the coordinating, he gets to stay for the race, the ones flying have to fly back to the base. He called me once fro Jeff Gordon's pit and held up the phone so I could hear what it sounds like.

I always love how they are able to vector the flyovers at just the right time, unless the singers get 'creative' and blow the timing!

You will have a BLAST!!! Been to Texas Motor Speedway a few times for Sprint, Nationwide, the truck series and even Indy cars (yeah, I saw Danica before she went NASCAR) and it is an awesome experience. It is totally different from watching it on TV. And the sights, sounds and smell is an experience to not be missed. Bristol would be one of my top three choices if I got to go to any of the tracks I wanted. ENJOY!!!!

WHOOT! WHOOT! Don't forget to wave so we can see you Ken.

Pretty reasonable paint job of the house I would say.

Bristol tops my list of NASCAR venues to visit. Darlington, Richmond, Talladega & Watkins Glen would be others that I'd like to experience.

Hope you have a great time Ken and remember even with your hearing helpers out, you'll still be able to "FEEL" the cars going around the track.

This is Karl in Wisconsin looking down green with envy.