Six of Seven gets Accessorized!

Jeff Horton

Quick story. I have been wanting a second fence to go my table saw. So if I have it set and need to cut something I could slide on the second fence and not disturb the setting. (Happens more than I care to admit). When restoring the Shaper (Six of Seven) I discovered that the fence was a rare option on the shaper but it was the same fence as the table saw. Well a little light bulb went off!

So for a few months I have been watching for a complete fence at a reasonable price. Dunno why but Unisaw fence that were selling for next to nothing two years ago are an EBay hot commodity. Prices well over $100 for a complete set with rails and hardware.

Saw someone mention on another forum that they had replaced their old set with a Bessy or some other fence. Tried this a couple of times to avail but I PM'ed and asked about the old fence. Ended up the guy had exactly what I wanted, right year model and everything. Maybe him and offer and they were mine!

He first couldn't find the hardware, then his mother became very ill etc. After a couple of months he finally got them shipped to me and I got it yesterday. Couldn't stand it and started restoring it last night and finished it up today and installed it on Six. While I was at it I finished the new dust doors I have found to replace the old ones that were so rough.

fence.jpg dust doors.jpg

Now if I could just find a miter gage with hold downs or a miter sled reasonably priced. :rofl: Well I can dream.

Jeff

Looks nice Jeff. Great update. :thumb:

Need another old iron? I have am old C 20 incher. Star brand I think.
Early 1900's

I need it out of here.

Does an Alcoholic want another drink?? :rofl:

Email me some photos Steve. Might be able to help you if I don't want it. I run in the right circles to find it a new owner.

Jeff

Last edited: