A good sliding miter saw?

Well Rob I have yet to own one but from what I have seen of the saw and in the real work world the Bosh is off my list of investments.:thumb:

Curious what you don't like about it? I agree in principal that it seems overly complicated and if I was doing construction full time a non slider would probably be even solider... but having not actually seen it in person.. :dunno: I'm pretty sure in either case that you'd use a saw harder in a week than I would in a normal year :thumb:

Oh and one other thing is that never ever buy because of the brand name.

Squared. And even if version N of a product was good (or bad) it generally has little effect on whether version N+1 of the product is good or bad (unless its something small like "added a laser that no one will use" and even then I'm suspicious if they changed anything :crutches:).

Curious what you don't like about it? I agree in principal that it seems overly complicated and if I was doing construction full time a non slider would probably be even solider... but having not actually seen it in person.. :dunno: I'm pretty sure in either case that you'd use a saw harder in a week than I would in a normal year :thumb:
Ryan I have looked at them in the store and they just don't feel right. We had a sub that had one on the job site it couldn't have been 2 years old and was a bit sloppy in the slide and he had cut the fence in two places. Seems that the fence interferes with the blade in some situations.:thumb:
And just for icing on the cake it has a split fence which is next to imposable to keep trued up. one side or the other has almost always been bumped out of square with the blade and they are easier to bend than the one piece fences.

your point is well taken chuck.
(I think its 647 cuts, maybe you double counted one)

I was trying to state that I use my crosscut mitre 5 times the amount of an average hobbyist, weekend warrior, and I couldnt wear one out with constant use for 3 years, and now my son is using it to cut moldings, shelving etc...home work, weekender stuff, and the saw is almost 6 years old, and its cranking just as good as when it was new.
If I needed accurate angles, not sure Id use its mitre sets.
I think most machines made today by any big brand company, would probably be fine for any home woodworker.
Options, like laser and blade size, thats another issue.

Im sorry I sold my portable table saw and my ryobi tabletop router table to someone. I think it would have been a good idea to just let my son have them in case he ever needed one for a quick chore.