SketchUp DVD by dave richards

larry merlau

i ran across this on the FWW site and in my opinion after having some one on one with dave in the past,, he is one very good teacher,, he puts it in terms or examples we can understand, like "a lettuce sandwich" terminology.. you need to put the bread down first then the lettuce then the other slice of bread.. so for 12.95 its a steal in my book.. and he is one of our forum members, so if you have an interest in sketchup here is a great opportunity to do so.. LINK

also there is a short clip of what is inside at the bottom of the page..Video

Last edited:
I ordered my download earlier. Now to find the time to study it!

The download is $12.95 available now. The DVD can be preordered for $16.95 for May shipment.

Got my copy. Boy that download tool a long time. Fine Woodworking needs to get more bandwidth on it. They throttle the pipe well at least to my part of the world.

I am looking forward to having help close at hand.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I will be ordering a copy. A couple weeks ago I began to use Sketchup to try to design some trim and edging for the entertainment center I am finishing. After a few hours of working with it, I am starting to really like it and want to learn more.

Well she is downloaded. Took dang near all night. Not sure if I got it all, seems the computer wanted to update sometime last night. Try and watch it tomorrow and see if I got it all.

Bill i watched my download speed and there is throttling of output from their end or somewhere in the chain. I thought i was back on dialup with the actual kb/sec rate. Wish i had written down actual speed now then i could quote it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Ouch! I want to get it but I may have to wait for the DVD in May. My Internet connection is tenuous at best, not to mention slow. I don't think it will stay connected long enough as it is.