The Great Hand Plane Revival with Rob Cosman

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Our Local Woodcraft Store is having "The Great Hand Plane Revival with Rob Cosman" on the 24th of this month and I just registered:D Immediately following is "Dovetail Mastery" unfortunately I can not make that one:( This should be a great experience for me and give me some more instruction on hand planes which I need lots of:thumb: Now which plane to take along:huh:

What! You are going to pass up on the Dovetail class. It is probably Rob's most renown class. Let me guess, you are worried how much more damage your wife can do at the Centerpointe and Woodland Malls.

I learned quite a bit taking a course in plane and chisel sharpening. I have four wooden planes and a dozen or so metal planes in various states of disrepair. I do have a few good users, including one that I restored that dates to about 1893 and takes shavings less than 1/64th".

Tom,

I took the Great Hand Plane Revival course last fall at the WoodCraft Store in Spokane. Well worth it! It improved my handplane functioning immensely even without the recommended sharpening system. Note I was deaf at the time I took it. I'm sure with hearing, it would have been even better!

Really looking forward to Saturday and sorry Bill I will have to miss the dove tail class. hopefully I can do it some time in the future as that would be a great class:thumb: but Saturday afternoon I have to help my son with a curlie maple bathroom vanity:)