Its (almost) Friday... Whatcha got planned?

Ned Bulken

I stopped over at the BORG today, and picked up this pile of lumbah....

43c80203.jpg

(minus the 2x4's, I had those...)

Finally going to get around to building the LOML and myself a new bed frame this weekend. It will be similar to this one I built my son a couple of years back...

bedcomplete.jpg

Lori likes that design. I'm going to trim things down a bit... instead of 2x10's for the rails, I'm going to use 2x6's but it will be in the same 'design family'... ;)

Watch some hoops, mow the lawn for the first time since December, finish turn some bowl rough outs I found hidden away in the garage and plant some garden.

Vaughn McMillan said:
Good to see you're getting a bit of shop time in, Ned. :thumb:

Thanks Vaughn! I'm looking forward to it, l just hope the rain holds off long enough for me to make my major cuts on the TS today. There isn't room in the shed to swing 8' stock around... Once I get the cuts done, I'm fine working under the carport.

Friday: Head to the store in a few minutes to stock up on supplies. You never know who might pop in on you and we like to be prepared! I'll start pots of chili and spaghetti sauce this evening so they can cook overnight.

Saturday: Final touch-ups on cleaning the shop and making it presentable. I don't want The Ambassador to see it in its usual condition! :eek:

Sunday: I reckon it'll be a day of cooking, listening to some tall tales, watching the race and listening to a lot of tall tales, then sip a couple of brewskies and listen to more tall tales! :)

This is an interesting thread.

I am going to work most of the day sat and sun. If I can get myself motivated after I get home I would like to fix 2 lawnmowers and a chainsaw, clean up my shop from the last project, and start building a face frame and cabinet doors for an old liquor cart one of my customers has.

But in reality I will get home from work and just goof off the rest of the day.

Friday - work on taxes & shop time
Saturday - laundry, work on taxes, shop time and sermonizing for Sunday
Sunday - worship services and visit parishioner in the hospital in Vegas.

Shop time is working on the pulpit due at Easter and in between glue-ups on that, work on the bookshelves for moi.

Last weekend I had a beautiful open slot of time running through the whole weekend dedicated to the shop. Lost it. I'm going to try to find it and hold on tight this weekend ;-)

Tonight I've got some gift cards to go cash in for new clothes, my good jeans aren't looking so good anymore. I took apart an old laptop last night to replace the power jack, will finish some clean up of the parts tonight, still waiting on the jack though. I plan to use it to run the CNC.

Saturday will be doing some yard work mostly, need to get some shrubs trimmed and leaves picked up. May be getting time to mow too, :eek: grass is getting tall with the warm weather we've been having. Saturday night we've got tickets and parking passes to the Jason Aldean concert, get to sit in the founders suite at the Sprint Center and watch the concert.

Sunday will be more shop time and continued organization. Have a work bench/table I'd like to get built and I think I have enough material to get started on it.

Saturday some of the kids and grandkids are coming over for a corned beef dinner. Should be fun even if i hate corned beef and cabbage.:doh:

Sunday back to my MILs house in Massachusetts. She is doing better but still needs lots of help. My wife is making them Sunday dinner again.

Oddly enough, my wife wants me to cook corned beef and cabbage for Sunday. Otherwise, I am sharpening planes and scrapers, and perhaps using the latter to clean up some wood for a project.

Oh, I love corned beef and cabbbage.

...Saturday: Final touch-ups on cleaning the shop and making it presentable. I don't want The Ambassador to see it in its usual condition! :eek:...

I'll bet more shops have been cleaned due to Ambassador visits than any other single reason known to man. :D (Except for maybe neat-freak wives.) :rofl:

Looks like I'll be mostly doing work-work all weekend. :rolleyes:

Too late for a Friday report. But, yesterday (Saturday) I went to my regular club muzzle loading shoot. Good news is, I was able to use my favorite rifle again after about three years since my shoulder injury. Shot fairly well too. With more practice I'll be back on, or near, the top agin.
This a.m., in a few min., church. After will be at my wife's bell collectors club luncheon and meeting for rest of day. It really sounds much less than exciting, doesn't it? Well, fact is, it is bone cracking boring. But, the people are nice and have become good friends, nice to see them from time to time.

Beatin' myself to death this weekend! Yesterday, took the plow off the (John Deere) tractor and put the mower deck on, then mowed an acre or so. Raked/leveled off the gravel on the driveway, and took about a dozen buckets of weed debris out of the planting beds.

Today, more debris removal, then running the small (Mantis) rototiller in some of the beds. Also dragged out the generator and ran it for a while for its monthly 'exercise.'

Oh yeah, part of the mowing job also included using the weed whacker and backpack blower (both Stihl) for a while. BTW, although all three 2-cycle tools had been sitting all winter, with pre-mix in them, all three started on the second or third pull. Stabil, in NON-alcohol gas, really works!

Tomorrow, I start working on the beds around the pond...

Jim, I've had my Mantis for about fifteen years and that rascal is the best garden money I ever spent. I use it every year to prep my garden and it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

Mine's about eight years old, and I've never done anything to it except take the tines off to clean off the roots that were wrapped around them. The little dude is just about bulletproof! :D

Hah, plan ahead? Inconceivable!

Corned Beef@ a fellow homebrewers house (we left before it got to crazy, must be getting old)

Turned some bushings out of some washers for the umbrella swift project, these look good. Pretty happy there.

Turned a couple more pieces for the umbrella swift project and rejected them (getting there, but not quite right; I'll use them as reference for how not to do the next batch :rofl:), glued up some more pieces to work on this week :D I need to finish at least one of these before I get in trouble when loml has to wind another batch of yarn (significant grumbling last time..).

First coat of finish on the cedar door panels I'm making for my mom, be nice to have them out of my garage and into her house (pretty sure she feels the same way, was asking when she should come over.. this weekend wasn't it).

Taxes :huh: :eek: :mad: :pullhair: :tantrum::thud: at least they're done!