New Toy, err....TOOL is coming next week

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
It sands. It oscillates. And it has been on my lust, I mean, wish list for some time. Scheduled to arrive by the end of next week. No pix until up and running. :thumb:

Now I gotta think about more dust collection. :huh: :rolleyes: :)

@ Steve - Isn't a Jet 22-44 a drum sander? I have the 16-32. Used to have the 22-44, but neither oscillated. I'll have to Google your suggestion. Hmmmmm......????.....:huh:

Oscillating Spindle Sander? Like the Delta B.O.S.S. I traded my BOSS off a few years ago and got the General International version, with tilting table. One of the more useful - and used - tools in my shop.

I thought the Ridgid too except for this line: "Scheduled to arrive by the end of next week." Then I thought used, but most likely the same line rules that out unless it's an Ebay purchase. So an oscillating belt sander of sorts. Jet has a sale going on. Or could it be a Grizzly? Hmmmmm. Jim.

Just remember guys (no females have responded so far so that is not a sexist statement), even though she is very sweet, Carol has a devious mind at times. We might be talking about a home made device using ground up prune pits for abrasive or something else off-the-wall.

Guess we will have to wait and chew our fingernails (maybe that's where she gets her abrasives).

Enjoy,

JimB

I dunno, does Carol really have the room now for a real oscillating belt sander?

I agree that the ridgid is out, since that shouldn't take any time to be delivered, you can just pick it up at Home Depot.
(but maybe I'm layering too much weight on the word "new" in her post, and it really is an ebay/craigslist new-to-her item?)