Jatoba Pub Table and Chairs .. finally complete and delivered !!

I has been a long, but extremely fun journey.

Started here with Jatoba pickup..
IMGP0479.jpg

progressed to here with a completed table ... ebony inlays, olive wood burl veneer on cabinet top
P6160041.JPG

Having never done a chair ... did a prototype and let it be used a while to be sure it 'fit' right ..
P6180054.JPG

then the real ones
P3310076.JPG

then it all comes together. I now have one very happy son !!
P4010079.JPG

Thanks for looking. Glad to answer any questions.

Great design and execution, Robert! :thumb:

One question: Did you use real ebony for the black inlay? The reason I ask is that we did "ebony" inlay on some pieces at a commercial shop I worked in for a while. The "ebony" we used was 1/8" tempered hardboard. :rolleyes:

Just beautiful work Robert. Really stunning but, before I get ahead of myself. Let me hand you a hearty

Bill Murray You Suck.jpg

for that wonderful wood source. BTW, I believe there is a term for a log that is sawn but, kept together like those four shown. Can anyone jog my memory?

Last edited:
well robert your table and chairs are very nice and the deal you got on those boules are amazing to say the least,, we have to pay more than that for red oak up here.. you must buy large quantities to get that kind of deal on lumber???

Wow, that's very nice work, Robert. :clap: If your son's not ecstatic about the table and chairs, go ahead and disown him and send it to me. :yes: :D