When it rains it pours

This past Thursday evening our friend & neighbor of the past 28 yrs passed on to meet her maker. It was her time I suppose as she was in her eighties, but it still comes with a taste of shock, sadness & a tid-bit of relief that she no longer suffers. I'm sure going to miss her, along with the countless pies & goodies she was constantly leaving us in gratitude, as we wouldn't accept her cash offers when we snow-blowed her driveway or cut the grass etc...

Friday morning, Scott, my neighbor 2 doors down and good a friend of mine for the 10 yrs he's lived here, called to inform me, that his dad was one of the 2
involved in a horrendous auto accident early that morning that shut down a busy intersection for over 5 hours. He hung on unto Saturday afternoon. I had the
pleasure of chatting with him numerous times over the years, and he was one of the good guys, who also will be sorely missed.

6:15 this morning my Mother in law left this world for her next adventure. She was 83 and more mother to me than my birth mother could of ever been considered. Natural causes of aging laid claim on her as well. Blessings are counted as she didn't hesitate long to move on.

Anyways, this post was just a little self therapy and hopefully, a reminder to tell those you love & care for, how you feel while there's still time.
My apologies if I'm a little quiet this next couple of days {and no I won't hold it against those who are smiling about that statement ;) }

I hope it's true, how some say "they come in 3's'...don't know if I could handle another right now...it's tuff when your favorite lil' snort loses all flavor.

Ken, I am so sorry. Losing wonderful people is painful. Remember the good times.

I could not have anticipated what happened when I lost the first person in my life. Friends and relatives sat on the floor, sofa, etc. in my parent's living room going through old photos, clippings, etc. We were laughing as we came across each new memory of a wonderful time or event. I hope people celebrate the good things when I go.

In sorrow for you,

JimB

Sorry to hear of your losses Ken. Condolences to you and your wife and friends.
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Were all here for you.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Boy Ken, that is a lot to shoulder, I'm glad to see you decided to share some of that burden with us here.

Take it easy and our thoughts and prayers are heading your way, tough times for sure.

Stu