Stumbled on another pretty good deal

Bought this yesterday. 97 Bonneville SE Little less than 51,000 miles. It is in great shape, new brakes, tires. I know the guy that had it. Been telling him for years I wanted it. He used to travel for work, so it generally got drove to the airport and back.

DSCN0662.jpg

Not sure Larry. They are thinking it out. I told Hay, you get one choice and only one. The next vehicle she gets, she buys. Hay is leaning towards the Tahoe, I tried to explain gas prices, but she doesn't see that part. Could be a hard lesson learned before it's over.

Congrats, Steve. I've got a friend with one about that same era, and it's a runnin' son of a gun. Does yours have the supercharger?

Not sure Larry. They are thinking it out. I told Hay, you get one choice and only one. The next vehicle she gets, she buys. Hay is leaning towards the Tahoe, I tried to explain gas prices, but she doesn't see that part. Could be a hard lesson learned before it's over.

my daughter is 25, and I gave her a 2001 grand cherokee years ago,(my wife wanted her to have a dependable truck when she lived in buffalo) and it was ok for her when I paid for all the gas when she was in school.
Then she got a job, and decided to move out and now the gasoline is killing her, and its her own fault.
I live 200 yards from her job, but she moved 40 miles a way. Go figure, I cannot figure out how a 25 y/o 's mind work.
(I never told her she had to leave, and she has the biggest bedroom in my house, with a bathroom next to it)

talk her out of the tahoe, she has no clue what she is in for.

No turbo or supercharger on this model. Allen, I am trying to do that. I think she is coming around a bit.

The car does run really well. I am going to do a little basic tune-up on it. I will buy cars like this every time. I would rather spend a little here and there, than pay the bank man every month.