Virgin Wall Bites the Dust

Well the new (nothing on it except electric) blank wall has been defaced with clamps instead of griffiti (Heck. I cannot spell it and it is not in my dictionary. But you know---that awful stuff that idiots do to destroy property and make the world ugly).

The first three new clamp brackets are up. The old rack that holds all of the clamps over 30 inches, is still working, not in my way and I have no reason to change it. I think about three more brackets will hold all of the normal clamps which leaves me the problem of what to do with unusual clamps.

I just stand around wasting time trying to make progress and yet be sure I don't put something up that is going to be in my way later. French cleats will be involved in future additions.

Enjoy,

JimBView attachment 66796View attachment 66797View attachment 66798

i thought the same thing, but bob you will notice that dads shop isnt anywhere close to as organized as his sons is,, so perhaps he is more adapt at going threw a maze than glenn or us:)

Looks great Jim but won't they be hard to get to ?

i thought the same thing, but bob you will notice that dads shop isnt anywhere close to as organized as his sons is,, so perhaps he is more adapt at going threw a maze than glenn or us:)

Looks like a little bit of a reach, but at least he's got good dust collection set up for them! :rofl:

Now that's just mean . . . . Good Job, Builds character :rofl:

I just stand around wasting time trying to make progress and yet be sure I don't put something up that is going to be in my way later.

That's known as "analysis unto paralysis" dad. The wall is looking great. Believe me, you can analyze what you think you are going to do till doomsday and something will change before you can complete your perfectly planned wallspace. The long guides and straight-edges can go over by the yellow metal cabinet as discussed. After that, I just try to gather items by where they are used. There's a great piece of blank wall by the DP for all your bits, jigs and sanding accessories that are used there. The sapce by the BS can hold your fence(s) and blade changing/adjusting tools. I also keep one of those free Harbor Freight flashlights standing in or hanging from my fixtures in those locations (I must be getting old). I also find the 2' x4' pegboard panels that I hang from the cleat system to double my flexibility; I can move them and change the things that hang on them . . . NIRVANA! :D

OK guys and gals. The wall is less "virgin" now than it was when I started this thread.

Bob---The power tools are sitting in a temporary position. They get moved a bit for convenience of working on the shop. However, even if they stayed right where they are, I can reach all of the clamps easily---It just does not look that way in the pics.

Larry---Your comment appears to cast aspersions on my shop neatness. However, since you were only comparing me to Glenn (the god of neatness) I take no offense.

Mohammad---You can bet your sweet bippi those unusual clamps will have a home in a few days. They are like a lot of money; unusual but convenient and nice to have around.

Glenn---The long levels, circle saw guides, etc. are already over by the "Yellow Drawers." More clamps have been hung. We talked about the drill bits being near the DP. Unless someone else has done it I am going to do a thread, "Where and how do you store your drill bits for the drill press?"

More pics when it looks a little further a long.

Enjoy,

JimB

Last edited: