High/low bandsaw fence

Roger Tulk

Last year I made a bandsaw fence that is adjustable for blade drift, and it has served me well over the last year. However, I had two perceived problems with it. One was that if I were ripping narrow pieces off thin stock, I had to raise the blade guard to where it was not protecting my lovely fingers. The other was that it was not really high enough for resawing.

fence01.jpgfence02.jpg

I had seen plans for a bandsaw fence attachment for thin stock, and also for resawing, so I thought, "Heck, you can combine the two." May not be an original thought, but this is what I came up with, and built today out of white oak from the local Borg.

fence03.jpgfence04.jpgfence05.jpg

The first photo shows the elegant simplicity of the design, the second shows it set up for narrow stock, and the third for resawing. I put 10-24 blind nuts in the fence to facilitate adding accessories.

Nice setup Roger :thumb:, clever idea on the adjustment.

How does the fence lock in place (left to right)?
With the drift adjust on either side of the pivot point have you had any problem with the fence warping?

Nice setup Roger :thumb:, clever idea on the adjustment.

How does the fence lock in place (left to right)?
With the drift adjust on either side of the pivot point have you had any problem with the fence warping?

The nut you see in the first photo is at the end of a 5/16 threaded rod that goes to a knob at the other side of the fence. There is a cleat at the knob end, and the metal tab that you see squeezes the fence against the table. I haven't had any problem with warping. Never occurred to me that it could be an issue. I am careful not to overtighten the screws when I set the adjustment.