Duck Dynasty show

Anyone watch "Duck Dynasty"? It is about the Robertson clan that has made millions making duck calls. The show I watched last night on my DVR they were making a duck call to break the record on the largest duck call. They take the wood to a buddy that mounts it on a big yella lathe, but then proceeds to use a roughing gouge about the size of the ones I would use on a pen blank!:eek: It caught, it exploded, it came off of the lathe, it broke some things. Anyone else see this?? If not, watch it and be amazed.

Yeah I saw the same show - busted apart in seconds and flew to the floor in pc's.................They should have joined this forum we would have helped them with glue joints and mounting hugh ?

As stupid as most of those "reality" shows are, I wouldn't be surprised if they staged that "accident" for "dramatic effect"!

No, I haven't watched the show. The promos were enough to steer me in a different direction. :eek:

As stupid as most of those "reality" shows are, I wouldn't be surprised if they staged that "accident" for "dramatic effect"!

No, I haven't watched the show. The promos were enough to steer me in a different direction. :eek:

Yup...after seeing the promo, some people have to much money.

Yep, they have a lot of money. Due in part to the one son's initiative/salesmanship. I greatly enjoy watching it because it is proof that the american dream can still be realized by us commoners. I also realize it is somewhat of a spoof of their life. I liken it to a modern day Beverly Hillbillies.

Jon, I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I missed most of the rest of the show, but I did catch the lathe explosion. I was thinking "Stupid is as stupid does." But I'm like you...I kinda get sucked into watching it for the Beverly Hillbilly moments.

When I set up my woodshop, I pretty much stopped watching TV. Now that I'm living somewhere without a shop, the TV has seen quite a bit more use. :eek:

its a good time to wax and polish your turnings when its on. Alot is staged for TV but it makes polishing and hand waxing etc.- more tolerable......LOL

I saw the same show and watch it all the time. I am like Jonathan in that indeed the american dream is there. Jonathan I like the one where they put a travel trailer up on a platform for a duck blind.

I saw the same show and watch it all the time. I am like Jonathan in that indeed the american dream is there. Jonathan I like the one where they put a travel trailer up on a platform for a duck blind.

Bernie they used a JLG telehandler to get it up there.. Excited my son as that is who he works for. Said Safety group might not have approved of everything..:eek: