Some Sparky Work

Stuart Ablett

A friend of mine, Neil, rented the small 1st floor retail space in our building, he opened an English school. He had some renovations done to the place to spruce it up, new wallpaper and some nice art hanging on the walls, looks good. He also spent some money on some signage. The guy who rented the space before who ran away home last year after the earthquake :rolleyes: never did this, I told him he should but he was too cheap. When Neil had the signage done, they gave him a quote for the lights Holy cow, they wanted a lot of money for some simple lights, over $1500 :eek:

Well I can help you with that, I said, and I did.

IMG_3317.jpg

This is the area the lights are going, to the left is the front of the school, and the shutter. I bought two halogen work-light/floodlights, that I'll mount on the wall, we'll put a timer and a light sensor on them. The plug there is on his panel, so that works out great!

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

I know that compared to the US or Canada this is most likely not up to code, but it is fine here, we have an electrician in our area that I get along with very well, I always have him check my work, he ALWAYS tells me I over do it.

IMG_3340.jpg

Here is the final product!

Neil is happy, and it only cost him about $100. If the other company had said even $500 for the electrical he would have done that, but $1500, you have to be kidding me! The flood lights they wanted to use cost $500 each, and the labour was kind of steep, they said four hours, holy cow, it took me only about an hour, very simple job.

There is another sign on the front of the building that I'm also going to put lights on, you can't see it in the dark of the last pic, but it's there, those lights are on order, special outdoor fluorescent units, they cost a little more, about $90 each, but they just have to be wired into the box, the timer and sensor are all set.

Just thought I'd show you some of the stuff that is slowing down my Humidor work....

Cheers!