Here we go again buy or build? Pics added 4/12/13

I figured out what happened with the over stock on the beaded ply. When I was figuring out how much I needed we where replacing the wains coating in the dinning room. By the time I placed the order the wains coating is getting to stay but I didn't recheck the figures I just ordered what I had on the slip for needed ply. So now I have to much. On another note I forgot to list the 5 sheets of 1/4" ply for the backs of the cabinets for a total of $97.00.

So tonight was make the angled glass door night. Well theirs 4 of them doors. So I cut the first 4 open and laid them out to get the right sides up and all the parts labeled as to which went where. The saw was all ready set up to run the square tenon so I took the 4 bottoms and ran them than reset the saw to run the angled tops ran the one side of them reset to run the other side and ran them. Then set the saw up to rip off the back lip for the glass. Ran all the parts for the 4 doors and made sure that everything fit together like it was supposed to. All fit just like a glove and that's when it hit me that the other 4 doors where still stacked up:doh: Yup you guessed it all the set ups on the saw where done again.:doh: But now all the doors are ready for dowels and the next step is to finish cut the panels to size.
Still have to come up with a jig to make drilling all those dowel holes faster than putting the dowel jig on each one.

If I didn't know any better I would say you guys are thinking my picture taking ability's are kind of lacking.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Short Rob like 82 inches.

Ok so 3 boxes are installed and all but one of the fronts have 2 coats of primer on them. The one that fell behind had to have 2 rails added to it. It seems to have changed from 2 doors to 3 drawers.

Hmmm we have dragged the ol coot out of the brush. This early in the season it can mean only one thing freezer meat is hanging in the barn.:thumb::thumb:

Yep kinda what i was thinking when i started seeing his posts.:)

no not really guys i got hit with the EHD or blue tongue disease up here in my area and the hunting was poor,, went to the UP to get my itch scratched but not full frezzer;( will hope for better times next year.

All the bases are in and they are coming to template for the counter top next Tuesday. No more pic now until at least all the cabs are in with the tops on. On the up side Blum sales people are top notch tokk all of 10 minutes for me to tell them what I was doing and her to give me part numbers for everything I need.

Ok so we have another $110.00 in primer it looks like that will be enough to finish up the doors. I am going to throw in lets say another $250.00 for shop supplies (screws, sandpaper and so on) so that brings us to a total of $2,352.08 and about 8,000 hours of time. LOL it also brings us to the latest problem. After finally finding all the hardware I wanted I can not find a suppler that will sell it to me.:doh: Blum can not they only sell to disturbers. The local one Blum told me about will not sell it to me because they only sell whole sale. Also will not get back to me on what I have to do to become a customer. After all I do have a cabinet shop. :thumb: The place they sent me to get the hardware from retail has yet to get back to me on price. All the online places do not list the hardware by Blum's part numbers so finding the right part is painstaking. Than once you do start to find them you realize that this place does not have all the parts listed. Some even have wrong parts listed as needed. :doh::doh: On top of that the lighting place I found that has the under cab lights I want still has not gotten back to me with a price (after 2 weeks) I just can't figure out what is wrong with these places. They have a guy sitting here wanting to spend money with them and will not return calls. So far this has happened with the cabs, hardware,counter top and lighting. I guess the economy aint as bad as everyone is saying these places are so busy selling stuff they can not be bothered with a new customer:doh::huh:

Last edited: