SWAP - Shop made tool or jig - poll added

Click "Yes" if you want to participate in this swap

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll have to apologize I got home last night about 11 from our PB event and was planning to wrap mine for shipment today, but I felt the last coat of finish was still a little too tacky. I didn't want to have the packaging sticking to it, so should have it packaged tonight and out tomorrow.

Got mine today - a very nice Fibonacci (Golden Section) rule from Tom Niemi.
Niemi (Custom).JPG
Thanks, Tom. I didn't have one, and making one was on my "to do" list. Now I don't need to make one!

so then that means i am the lucky guy who got his first:) i was drawn by jim delaney and i was the lucky recipient to get some of his wonderful quilted maple and in a form that i can use:) got two in the same box:) i nice home made camfer plane that utilized some spare parts in his shop and turned it tinto a beautiful tool that works right out of the box.. and the other tool was a simple one that i was gonna make for myself and hadnt got to yet so many thanks for a wonderful box of surprises jim.. and i will by you a cold one the next time i see you in appreciation.. thank you for the box of goodies:)

tn_jig swap--J. Delaney.jpg

also darren i tried the automated upload for this pic at 2.1 mb and it didnt go so i had to re-size it to get it on here..

Great idea, Tom. A Fibonacci gauge is also on my "one of these days" list. :thumb:

And Jim, you hit that plane out of the park. It's beautiful! :clap:

Well I received a package from Ken Cook today with a great mallet and saw handle push stick:thumb: pics tomorrow as I have to use my work computer to load pics to my iPad. Thanks Ken they are incredible!!! Jim I am glad you like the gauge and the plane you made is absolutely awesome!!! After seeing what there is so far I feel I may have short changed you:eek:

Kenny_Saw Detail.jpgKenny_Mallet_Saw.jpgKenny_Saw_Detail2.jpgKenny_Mallet1.jpgKenny_Saw1.jpgKenny_Mallet2.jpg

Last edited:
I got a package from Brent today!

I opened it to find this.
IMAG1033.jpg

A nice case with box jointed corners and a sliding top.
IMAG1034.jpg IMAG1035.jpg

Inside I found a very nice Fibonacci rule.
IMAG1036.jpg IMAG1037.jpg

One of these was actually on my list. I had ran across it in a reference book a while back and thought I'd make one sometime.

Thanks Brent! :wave:

Great job on the projects guys! Jim that plane is beautiful, good pairing too with the spacers too. I hope you got some build pics of the plane, I'd like to see how it went together. Tom that Fibonacci gauge is a beauty too. Can't wait to see more. :lurk: