Friday 5/4 Edition

Shop time has been very slack all week. We've had contractors in since Tuesday morning doing a remodel of our master bathroom. To say the least, it's been disruptive, but it was time for a change in much of the layout in there. Plus, we're getting all new fixtures!

As of the end of day Thursday, the plumber at least has a couple of sand piles for us. :huh:

Redo_Day3_c.jpgRedo_Day3_d.jpg

I might actually get some shop time Saturday. LOML and a neighbor are going to hit some garage sales. :eek:

well send bobby up here we are selling off some extra things this wknd :) got both kids and they are selling there old kids clothes and we are thinning out on everything ..getting down to the shirts on our back and shoes on our feet..to lessen the carbon footprint

well send bobby up here we are selling off some extra things this wknd :) got both kids and they are selling there old kids clothes and we are thinning out on everything ..getting down to the shirts on our back and shoes on our feet..to lessen the carbon footprint

Don't you be tryin' to give her any ideas! ;)

Carbon footprint, huh? Well, it ain't gonna do much for your reg'lar footprint! :eek::rofl:

My grand daughter Abby has her first soccer game Saturday so I'll have to be there for that:thumb: Other than that I think it will be mostly shop time. It's been raining off and on for the past week and the grass is getting taller. If Sunday is a nice day I'll have to think about getting the tractor started.

Happy Star Wars Day, everyone!

Tomorrow is the mega garage sale day at a small town nearby, so we'll be off cruising there. Hoping to find a bike for my son, or if I'm really lucky a canoe for the family... But otherwise it'll be a fun morning with the kids+LOML.

Working on a mirror frame in the shop. Family rm has this big ugly masonry fireplace, so we're putting a mirro above the mantle. It covers the brick and it makes the room look bigger. Found a nice cheap mirror at the Habitat Restore, so I "just" had to put together a frame and back. First coat of finish this morning, and should be hanging by Monday!

...art

My SIL and nieces are coming over to hang by the pool with my wife and daughter today, so spent the morning getting the solar cover off and doing some quick spider sweeping. Was only 70 degrees, so not sure they'll do a lot of swimming. Tonight I've got to stop and get some ammo and some PB supplies for this weekend. Need to design an overlay for the PB event tomorrow afternoon (if the contract comes back today...short notice for graduation event).

Spend some time with the boy if he is around, otherwise he flies out on Sunday morning back to USS Nimitz, which I think is still in San Diego. Sunday afternoon I'll be heading out to the range for a little practice.

Have some climbing lizards to work on this weekend too.

I am doing bits and pieces of all sorts. Yard work, renovations and painting yuk. Gonna pick up one of them sticks Darren told me about, hope it makes the painting go quicker.

Cutting a THICK piece of BB to use under my bandsaw. Got the bearing in the lower part all nice and sorted out. Will add mobile base option to while i have the stand apart. Party to go to for another May baby on Sat. Should be a good weekend. :)

Out to dinner with LOML tonight, tomorrow I have a small art show I'm doing. Hopefully I can sell a few things, but if not it's close and the fee is very small. Sunday if the rain stays away, yard work and need to finish up cutting some firewood I have strung all over the back yard.

About the only firm thing on the calendar this weekend is an Isotopes baseball game Sunday with a group from work. (The Isotopes are an AAA Minor League farm team for the Dodgers.) The company is buying tickets for employees and families, so I'm bringing my dad along. I don't think I've ever watched a baseball game with my dad.

The rest of the weekend will be doing chores around the apartment, some work work, and trying to avoid buying any more lathes. :D I think there's a gun show this weekend at the fairgrounds though, so I'll probably be hitting that for a while too.

About the only firm thing on the calendar this weekend is an Isotopes baseball game Sunday with a group from work. (The Isotopes are an AAA Minor League farm team for the Dodgers.) The company is buying tickets for employees and families, so I'm bringing my dad along. I don't think I've ever watched a baseball game with my dad.

The rest of the weekend will be doing chores around the apartment, some work work, and trying to avoid buying any more lathes. :D I think there's a gun show this weekend at the fairgrounds though, so I'll probably be hitting that for a while too.

I've seen the Isotopes play before here in Des Moines. The Iowa Cubs are the AAA team for the Chicago Cubs...enjoy!

ny rangers on tomorrow at 12:30 ET. Got a guy coming to put in a new door for me same time, works out well.
Very little shop time this weekend, would like too, but too many commitments, and then monday is infusion for a few days, so no shop time till next weekend.