Hello from down under

Howdy folks. While new to this forum I'm not new to woodwork forums in general.

I now subscribe to 4 and follow a couple of others.

Anyways I thought I would introduce myself.

I live in Hamilton, New Zealand.

Have two wonderful kids and a great wife who is currently doing an arts degree. I'm a Glazier and Fabricator by trade but am looking to get into something a little different. After 32 years in the industry its getting a little boring and I'm not getting any younger.

In my spare time I spend a good deal of it in my workshop so as not to disturb SWMBO too often. I'll give you a tour in the other section.

I also run the New Zealand woodwork forums. This forum is designed to have a uniquely New Zealand flavour and deals with typical timber species found here. I would like to invite all of you to browse at your leisure as we all like to share ideas and techniques and I have found it a great way to learn the tricks of furniture making. And a great way to make new friends.

Kiwi Woodworkers is found here http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=woodwork

Welcome to the Family, Ralph. It's always great to have members from very diverse regions around the world in a forum, as it adds tremenduously to the knowledge base of different woods, techniques, equipment, and a delightful international flavor of local customs and personal traits.