small gloat

A guy i did some work for a while back,stopped by the house yesterday. In the back of his truck were these green slabs. Well as i had asked him to be on the look out for any burls,he brought me some.:D I never did tell him how i wanted them so i guess he thought he was doing me a favorite by cutting them into 2 and 3 inch slabs. He's the head saw man at a sawmill. Well everything here has at least some burl in it.Here's a platter i ruffed out for him, now i need to let it dry so i can get it finished.O just to let ya know this platter is 16".001 [800x600].JPG002 [800x600].JPG007 [800x600].JPG008 [800x600].JPG

Great-looking figure in that platter. Now that he knows what you'll be doing with the burls, hopefully the next time he'll leave them thick for you. :thumb:

There are a lot of things a 2 or 3 inch slab can be used for when cut up. Half the stuff I make is around 3 inch thick.
Dennis

Nice haul there Stephen. You spoke and he listened now you gotta get him to modify the procedures. :D

Nice platter but sorry for my ignorance whats the wood. In the raw state i am battling to work it out. Maple ? I agree with Bernie should look cool when you put final finish on it.

Nice haul there Stephen. You spoke and he listened now you gotta get him to modify the procedures. :D

Nice platter but sorry for my ignorance whats the wood. In the raw state i am battling to work it out. Maple ? I agree with Bernie should look cool when you put final finish on it.
Rob he never told me what these woods were, buy i'm pretty sure this one is white oak.