Sawstop is alive

Just pulled the switch on the saw. It works. Lot more trouble than I had planned to pull the wire and everything else, but I do believe it should pay off in the long run.

Now for the fun part. I need to lower my out feed table by 2" as the SS is a lowrider of a saw. 34" total height. Once I get a full shop, I will eliminate the wheels and build the base up by at least 2", but that is a couple years away.

hey steve make the base extension now and use it till you have the larger shop.. your tall enough that the time it takes to make the extension and get under there will worth every dime

Congrats Steve, have heard nothing but good things about them. :D (green with envy) . I'd agree with Larry, would it be more advantageous to make the base taller rather than cutting down the outfeed?

When I did the outfeed table, I planned for this. I am switching to smaller wheels. I also put spacers between wheels and cabinet base. I can just remove the amount of spacer I need and reattach the wheels and should be good to go.

I really don't want to build up the saw right now, as I really need it mobile.

When I did the outfeed table, I planned for this. I am switching to smaller wheels. I also put spacers between wheels and cabinet base. I can just remove the amount of spacer I need and reattach the wheels and should be good to go.

I really don't want to build up the saw right now, as I really need it mobile.

Steve, the saw just sits in the mobile base, or does on my SawStop, so why not just raise the saw buy putting a block of solid wood into the SawStop mobile base? Maybe you can't get the full two inches you need, but you can certainly get one inch, then maybe you only have to change the spacers, not the wheels on the out feed table?

Cheers!

I have the other mobile base. (I can't believe they make two) If I had your type, that would be the plan.

It really won't be that big of a deal. I am changing out the casters on my Jet sander cabinet as well, this week. Some plans don't always work out, and this needs a design change.

I have the other mobile base. (I can't believe they make two) If I had your type, that would be the plan.

It really won't be that big of a deal. I am changing out the casters on my Jet sander cabinet as well, this week. Some plans don't always work out, and this needs a design change.
I did not know they made two stands. :eek: