weekend was awesome

No matter how much it hurts its worth it ! Weekend was awesome.
Yesterday hunted all day, not one gobble so this morning at 3 am im woken in pain and take pain killers and back to sleep. I get a call from up stairs @ 5 lets go. @ 530 my nuddy is just about the door and I follow. There was no way I could handle the riggers of the day again. So I drive upto the barn grab the gun and headed to the pop up blind with a comfie seat. Walking up the hill I hear a deep gobble , he's right over the pop up and it's day light. I settle in under a cedar and start talking. Soon I have 5 Toms all competing. The 1st guy comes to check me out but diverts to the field at 50 yds.. I continue to talk with 4 stutters. Then a lone hen starts talking to me. She walks in from the field and heads to meet up with the 4 boys. Then the 1st Tom comes in the woods 5 minutes later at 30 yds . I yelped, he gobbled, he died. @ 7:15 I was done. Saturday evening I grilled the turkey up and fixed dinner for my friend and family to say thanks for sharing the farm.
20120512_084049.jpg

20120512_082017.jpg

20120512_083855.jpg

I don't know about feeling better. I walked the VA hills last week about 4 mile. Makes the ribs really ack but the lungs are getting stronger. I don't know if you can bruse lungs but feels like I'm getting better at breathings.

Man all that turkey talk makes me hungry. So where are the pictures of the cooked up turkey Dave? :D Nice bird. Looks like some great feathers there to tie some flies with and go fishing. :)

Congrats on the score, Dave. :thumb:

We used to always make sure we had a bottle at the cabin...for medicinal purposes only, of course. :whistling: We called it Uncle Turkey's High Altitude Elixir. :bonkers:

Grosvenor is not short of good Elixirs. I dont drink really, so to have a shot of rum after the hunt before dinner I got relaxed quick LOL. I was always the designated driver in high school because one beer or drink would wipe me out.

Dave congratulations on the bird. This year was a first for us here, all four of us in the family got a bird. Opening day, daughter Tess. Second day, SIL Eric. First Sunday of season other SIL Josh. Second Sunday of season me! Mine was 22.5 lbs, 18 mm spurs, 9.5" beard. SIL Eric has all four fans, beards and feet mounted on plaques he and I made in the shop. The ever elusive turkey, a good hunt for sure.