Beading Chisel

Dennis Kranz

Try as I might I can't cut a bead worth while. Do any of you use the beading tools sold by PSI? Or from any other place? Are they worth the money?
Dennis

I can't vouch for the PSI beading tools, but I know a number of very well-respected turners are very happy with the beading tools from D-Way Tools:

http://www.d-waytools.com/tools-beadiing.html

I have a couple of the Henry Taylor beading tools from Craft Supplies USA, but I've not used them enough to know if they are any good or not.

+1 for D-Way beaders. Can't be beat and I have tried the PSI along with several others. If you get a couple don't forget to get the tear drop tool. It is a great tool. He has video's on their use on his website.

One thing on beading tools, do not drop them! I dropped one of mine right after I purchased it. Broke a tip off one side. They are easy to sharpen though and it only took a few minutes to fix. I am going to get one of his hand hones though. With that you rarely need to go the the grinder I would think.

I have a mini beading tool bought from someone on a pen turning forum who makes them. I like and use it often. Larger beading tools haven't been something I felt I needed as I just make the beads I want with a skew tip. I cut two V gouges then sorta roll the skew over to make the bead.

I bought the cheap ones from PSI and they worked OK for awhile, but I'm not even sure where they are now...in other words, don't get the PSI ones. I've had lots of luck with their other tools, but the beading ones aren't worth it.