Veritas New Premium O1 Chisels

Thank you Bill. I read Dereks review and found his views very welcoming. Actually great reading. I spent quiet some time quiet a while back doing a reno on some ww2 handed down Sorby bench chisels my Dad gave me. At the time i spent a disproportionate amount of effort to get those chisels to be flat and sharp.
When i first read a online tip at the time about sharpening these old chisels the word "banana" came up. I could hardly believe that chisels by "Sorby" would actually have been as bad as they were. So much so that essentially they are now not really a go to chisel especially since buying the Narex set.
This is where Dereks review is excellent. If one has not been through a variety of chisels and sharpening and trying them out and witnessing the edge crumble as you see in Dereks "steel" tests then one really misses out on relating to where the value is in having flat, good steel chisels that also have a comfortable handle.

Thing is how many sets of chisels does a man want. I guess there are never enough like clamps. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Not in the market for more bench chisels, but I thought that was an amazing tool review. Bookmarked his site to read through more of it. Thanks Bill.

Jeb, the person that set the standard for these kind of reviews is Lyn J Mangiameli. Google his name and you should be rewarded. Here is just one review article of his. He also did many reviews of woodturning machines and tools. Old-timers from the Wreck or the Pond all know about Lyn. Derek does a great job of following in his footsteps.