Friday 5/18 Edition

Headed to Seattle for a class next week. Get to visit Bill Satko this weekend. WooHoo! Gonna get to see that awesome bench. And I understand he has quite the neander collection.

Mostly yard work for me, maybe some shop time Sunday. Satko's:eek: sweet, you will enjoy your time with them Carol, well you already know that as you have met Bill. Neander collection....AH yes he does:)

Friday: Mill some plywood (1/2" & 1/4") to build an in-wall shelf (think medicine cabinet with out a door) to put inside the closet as part of our bathroom remodel. Install more wire shelving as part of the same project.

Saturday: Finally, a day of rest! And the NASCAR All-Star Race, of course!

Sunday: Another day of rest!

Horse barn party tonight, setting up a booth at the horse show tomorrow hoping to sell a few wares. Sunday yard work and relaxin.

Putting some more paint on the lizards. Then probably pulling the pool cover back tonight and watching the stars from a floaty with some barley pop.

Saturday: Have to mow tomorrow morning and get the yard back into shape, then have my nephew's graduation party.

Sunday: Have another graduation party, have to get ready for an PB event next week, then getting some shop time...maybe finishing up the lizards. Also have a shop made tool/jig to get busy on. Have some tiger maple that has been itching to become something for a while now, we'll have to see if it can tell me what it wants to be. ;)

Kind of a do-nothing weekend for me. I have some work-work to do, but aside from that, things are pretty open. I'll probably go up on the roof and figure out which of the neighbors' swamp coolers is leaking water. One of them is an older lady who can't fix it herself, and the other is a vacant unit that's for sale, and I don't know how to contact the owner. Probably easier to fix it than find his phone number.

I may get coerced into going to visit some friends Saturday about 20 miles south of town with my sis and BIL. (Primarily to be the designated driver to get them home.)

If I can get one of my nephews to show me how to get there, I'd like to go out to some BLM land south of here (where it's legal to shoot) to see what type of pattern a recently-acquired shotgun throws. I don't think the folks at the indoor range would appreciate me shooting a 12 gauge at their facility. :D

Almost forgot...the eclipse is coming Sunday! And Albuquerque is smack dab in the middle of its path. Brent and Sharon should also be in a good position to see it. Check out this map:

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2012May20Agoogle.html

Best of success at your show, Jeff. :thumb:

Getting ready to go down to Tennessee for a week. :wave: No reason, just always wanted to see Tennessee. We will be stopping in Cincinnati for a Reds game, too, then on to Nashville and Memphis. Next weekend we'll be on our way back.

Saturday I'm waging war against ticks. The little buggers are everywhere this year. I have enough chemicals ready to make Chernobyl look tame :D

Sunday we are having a cookout for my daughters birthday. A bunch of the kids and grandkids will be here. Hmmm, maybe I'll wait until they leave before I nuke my yard:dunno:

Hopefully shop time in between chores.

Tonight, The Boy and I are going to watch his former high school lacrosse team play in the NorCal State quarter finals.

Saturday, I might get some shop time for the first time in a month. We have been watching my 3 year old grandson for the last month while his Mom was training in a new job.

Sunday, The Boy, the SIL and I are going shooting. This world is so crazy around here that I’m going to practice for qualification so I can get my CCW permit renewed. Haven’t carried for the last six years, but I think it’s about time again.

It's Victoria Day weekend in the Great White North. Unofficial beginning of summer.
Big family party in the Motherland. Someone's turning 60:eek:

Hey, you blabbed about Victoria day. I thought that was supposed to be Victoria's secrete.

One person can keep a secrete. When two people know a secrete that is a license to tell everybody. That just seems to be the way the world turns.

Enjoy the big family party,

JimB

Well i'm doing the crappy job of (ounce again)getting my wife through one more death in our family. Yesterday we went to see her mother, and found her passed away on the bathroom floor.The same spot in there house that my FIL passed away less than 1 year ago.To say the least Sher is really bummed, The only thing that's really helping her at this point is her strong belief, and it's very strong.