Unbelieveable Wood Working

Yes folks, it's true; this is what my dad's shop looks like when he knows I am coming down to help him with something and he has gotten it "ready". Seriously, I wanted to cut a board to length . . . Do you want to know where you do that in my dad's shop? Certainly not on the tablesaw, that's a storage area. Maybe the bandsaw? Nope, that's covered with everything I had to move off the drill press table so I could drill a couple of holes. There was a small section of unoccupied flat space on the jointer's pork chop guard but, a sanding mop is stored there so it will be handy. You wouldn't want to store it with all the other drill press stuff right next to the drill press in drawers, uh-uh, no way.

I guess it is his way of thinking outside the box. Now that I think of it, almost everything is outside of the box in his shop :D. Not true, I'm exaggerating (but not much). All kidding aside and getting back to that board I want to cut to rough length . . . You take the board to a plastic Workmate-like thing outside and do it there!?! I told him I was going to arrange to have it rain INSIDE the shop since that is apparently why this plastic outdoor work surface remains uncluttered :rofl:. We did get quite a bit of stuff done and had a great visit. When we get together it is like a comedy act; I keep threatening to tape some of it and stick it on You Tube. :thumb:

Last edited:
i cant believe your related??? glenns shop is so pristen and organized and yours is normal:):rofl:

That is because Glenn is here and doing most of the work.

Actually mine was reasonably pristine---Until we started to do some work.
My shop is still, definitely, in the "Work in Progress" stage. I just have tools and stuff that have no logical homes. Therefore, no flat surface is safe.

Enjoy,

JimB

"I must need new glasses, is this an eye test?? you're an eye doctor aren't you???" said Dan Mooney

To all of you who responded in a similar manner---Remember the "Emperor's Clothes."

OK, so next time I will try to clean up my grammar. Give me some credit---I did take some pictures. However, it takes some one to take the pictures and the someone who should have been in the picture, Glenn, was up on the roof doing chimney sweep work for his dear old dad, who wanted to stay clean. Therefore we used the Emperor as the live subject.

Enjoy,

JimB

Last edited:
i cant believe your related??? glenns shop is so pristen and organized and yours is normal:):rofl:

Yeah, in this case it looks the nut fell pretty far from the tree. :D

Good to see you two getting in some shop time together. I can only imagine the comedy act that ensued. :thumb:

@Glenn whatever the state of Jims saw...the event was priceless.

Great to see your shop looks like mine Jim welcome to my club of normal shops :) The way you got it you can find anything within a couple of steps.....not too sure what you do with whatever it is you looking for ...but hey at least you can find it. :);)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Ah, I count three rolls of toilet paper and one T shirt over a chair. What exactly is going on here?

Walt from CT

That is TP and paper towel roll cut into thirds. They are around the shop for wiping glue off of fingers or off a glue spreader. They are for anything that needs a bit of wiping off or wiping on (ie stain on a peg). The reason for TP and paper towel is the difference in thickness and toughness. TP for wiping crevices. Paper towel for wiping grease. Paper towel and lighter fluid to wipe a stubborn label off of a bottle is another example.

I guarantee that if you try it, you will continue to do it.

If the Tee shirt wasn't over the chair, it would look like the Sahara---all dust. I take the Tee shirt off for pictures I am going to show someone I am trying to impress.

Enjoy,

JimB

Do you call this breaking the image of an scrupulous shop? What's broken in there? Some tools and items are on top of benches and tables but that's all.

Even their disposition on the surfaces keeps certain order. You should try harder if you want to cheat us, making us believe that your shop is as untidy as ours.

Yes folks, it's true;

Glen build him a pile-it bench they spring loaded & set up just inside the shop door to the right or left. They are spring loaded to hold only so much weight & when loaded to over that weight then they dump the whole load on the floor right in the door way so it has to be picked up & PUT AWAY.

I am SO GLAD that my wife cannot see what you wrote!

Enjoy,

JimB