1st suspended attempt

Very cool, Steve. I could only hope my first attempt at a suspended piece was this nice. :thumb: The vessel is nicely done, but the stand really stands out to me. (No pun intended.) :) As I mentioned elsewhere, my eye keeps trying to level out the vessel, but I'm not sure how you'd go about re-positioning it now. Great job overall. :clap:

Stephen, i really like all your work.

The first thought i had seeing this piece was that of abstract pipe.

I like it just the way it is.:thumbup:

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

steve, i too wanted to straighten the vessel. how did you do the inlay on the stand? just had a idea, if you moved the vessel point of connection down the side of the vessel the center line of the vessel would be straightened if thats possibly now. but looks sharp as is.

Nicely done, Steve! I agree with what Jim said about a flower. Also, I guess my eye wants to see a little something in the opening opposite the vessel - may sound corny, but maybe a scrollsawn butterfly?

Thanks all. As far as putting something on the other side, i thought of that but don't think it would be what i had invisioned. Larry the inlay was done the old fashion way, scribed the pieces out, that i had cut on the bandsaw. Then took a Straight gouge and cleaned it up .Went about 1/4" deep. As far as the tilt hadn't seen it till it was pointed out. All in all i'm pleased with this for a first.