Friday 6-8 Edition

I was supposed to help dad make a couple of drawers units for under his lathe. Made two carcasses, ate a lot of food and took two naps. Guess we'll get to the drawers next visit :rofl:

It rained Saturday, so I didn't get any woodworking done. On Sunday we greeted our daughters, 32 and 33 years old, as they arrived from their fundraising Ride for Cancer. They rode 273 km, 168 km the first day, and 105 km the second day. That's a total of about 170 miles. The ride raised 18.1 million for cancer research. Am I proud? Am I proud!!

Team Tulk.jpg

Team Tulk after the ride. My daughters on the right, and their two friends on the left.

Thanks guys,
truck is empty and turned in, lucked out and bought 'exactly' the right amount of fuel on the trip so I didn't have to do the 'how much do I put in to match what was there when I rented it?' thing. Relatively new y'all haul, did fine on the trip, and few major issues with traffic, just a couple of road construction sites with idiots not merging, and one accident At a road construction site, other than that, it was smooth sailing the whole way. I just set up the iMac, re-introduced it to the router and here we are back online.

I have a TON of work to do in the shop, when we moved out the kids shoved anything we left in the house out in the shop... with predictable results... however, I got the tools in the shop yesterday, and all of my lumber, thanks to Adam and three of his buddies, we had Most of the truck empty in under 2 hours, and the entire thing empty save for one filing cabinet by 22:00. I arrived at 17:30, and there was about an hour or so where I just parked from exhaustion... getting the house in order today, and tomorrow I'm going to tackle some of the worst parts out in the shop, before hitting the road towards WV, I have a 4 day shoot down in Martinsburg, WV.