Recent trip to the Big Apple

Some pics taken in NYC.
I had no idea my wife had a thing for men in uniform.
I always wanted to eat a pastrami sandwich. There is a Deli in LA whose Pastrami sandwich is very famous but due to a religious dietary restriction I cannot eat it. Since I can eat Kosher as well, I decided to go to the 2nd Avenue deli in NYC which is Kosher and is famous for their Pastrami sandwich. All I can say is Wow! That was one of the best sandwiches I ever ate.

Pictures of furniture and wood ceiling were taken at the Metropolitan museum. Furniture is early American.

Attachments

• IMG_2952 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2952 (Small).JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3133 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3133 (Small).JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3154 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3154 (Small).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3269 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3269 (Small).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2806 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2806 (Small).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2916 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2916 (Small).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2917 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2917 (Small).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2921 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2921 (Small).JPG
    24 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2924 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2924 (Small).JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2923 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2923 (Small).JPG
    32 KB · Views: 40
mohamad you should have told the group you were coming and you could have meet some other family members perhaps.. you still arent feeding your wife right she hasnt grown one inch taller since the last time i saw her:)

Larry, we were there for 3 days and we wanted to cover all the major tourist spots. In other words, we were on a tight schedule. I did talk to Allen via PM while we were in NYC. It turned out that he was busy due to other commitments and wasn't feeling good because of a bad back.

Very cool, Mohammad. :thumb: I'd love a chance to check out the Metropolitan Museum. That chamber pot chair must have been fun to keep clean. :rolleyes:

I'm kind of surprised you've not been able to find a kosher deli in LA that has pastrami. There might be something here that fits the bill. Or maybe just have a talk with your buddies at the Halal restaurant you took me to. :)

That chamber pot chair must have been fun to keep clean. :rolleyes:

I'm kind of surprised you've not been able to find a kosher deli in LA that has pastrami.

I thought the same thing about the pot chair. There are Kosher delis in LA but their Pastrami sandwich is not very famous. Langer's deli in LA is very famous for pastrami but they are not Kosher.

There is a deli in Chicago that is kosher and has GIANT pastrami sandwiches...sooo goood. 2-3 meals easy...Can't remember the name, but now I really want one!!

Did you see the marquetry room in the Met? The woodworking they have on display is just fabulous. Nice photos Mohammad, thanks for sharing them.

Did you mean the rooms with American Period furniture. If so then yes. I was amazed by the marquetry and inlay work and also by the beautiful wide Mahagony table tops.

Attachments

• IMG_2915.JPG
    IMG_2915.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 14
That domed ceiling is wood? I was there years ago, before they sent Guernica back to Spain, but I don't remember that ceiling. Guess I'll have to go again. Last time I was in NYC, I got a broken rib in Harlem. And you`re right about NY Kosher food.

What a great trip Mohammad. Aint New York a great place to visit.
Those deli sandwiches are my favorite and a huge weakness. Then top it off with NY Cheescake .....oh my mouth is watering just typing the words. :)

Thanks for the pics thats one place i still got to visit. But when i do go i think i will have to arrange for my wife to go to a spa or something. She would not put up with my pace of progress through the museum. ;)
NY is one of those places where there is so much to see and do it needs multiple visits to take it all in.

Pity on not being able to meet up with Allen. Even better if you got a New Yorker to introduce you to Pizza ;)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2