Silver anniversary

No not my marriage, though we will be celebrating ours in Aug this year...

Nope, this is my 25th wishing well since I started playing woodworker. A friend of the owner of the hunting club I belong to, seen the one I sold to the landowners daughter back a few{8-10} years ago. That year he ordered 4 for his grown kids. Well this one was ordered from one of his boys, for his child's wedding.

Just borg pine & cedar shims for shingles with Helmsman spar finish...hope I'm still around{and able} for their next generation :thumb::thumb::D

Those whose eyes are working will notice the fascia trim was an afterthought{the side view surely gives it away} :eek:

mini-pics 002.jpg mini-pics 005.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work. Are they typically a wedding gift of sorts? That would surely look nice tucked into a corner of the yard.... :thumb:

Thanks guys :) I enjoy these as they are cheap & simple{like me} to make. I should mention that these 25 are of the large variety {5' + tall}. I have made a ton of smaller ones as well... Most of the folks that I've dealt with, keep them for themselves & fix a liner of some sort in them and plant flowers inside. I did find a photo of a couple of the smaller ones from a few years ago...
mini-Small wishing wells.jpg

...Are they typically a wedding gift of sorts? ...

Not that I'm aware of :dunno: Though I would say over half of the ones I've made 'were' for wedding/anniversary gifts, as the purchaser usually requests the receivers names & a date be placed on them.