OK road warriors

I have Sprint for my personal cell phone and Nextel for my work cell phone. Both have been decent. We dropped Verizon at work due to numerous complaints about coverage. Our office building doesn't have a strong enough Verizon signal to use the phones in the building.

For home, we use the Sprint wireless card installed in a Linksys router. Overall, I've been very happy with it.

I travel all over the country for work and one thing I can say for certain is that no carrier does a good job everywhere. :dunno: That said, here's my breakdown:

Pretty good coverage and great high speed data = Verizon
but, you pay a premium if you ask me.

Better all around coverage and so so data speeds (at least for now) = Cingular.

TMobile, Sprint, and the rest have not met the tests on my team of active travellers.

I currently use Cingular and I'm pretty happy with them - sometime I have better coverage than my coworkers with Verizon and sometimes they do. It's really hit or miss. Cingular is rolling out a new data network that should be great but right now Verizon seems to have them beat with data. I have a luxury situation, I have a Verizon card in my laptop that the company pays for so I get the best of both worlds I guess.

Shop them against eachother but I think either of them would suit your needs fine coast to coast. If your travel is more regional, then you may be able to narrow it down more.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

I agree with what Tim Said. We use Cingular because in our area and everywhere we seem to roam, it has the best Cell Coverage. You should check out the area that you will be traveling and see which one has the best coverage throughout that area and go with whichever one that is. The LOML had Cellular One, (now AllTel) before we went with Cingular last year), but the coverage was not even 50% as good as the Cingular has been for us. Our Daughters also use Cingular in the DFW area and it is excellent there as well, but their home phone, cable and computer hookup is Verizon Fiber Optics, and it is pretty good, but they still have some glitches in the system there that arise at times, but that system is new in their area and it is slowly getting better. It is just a fact, that No One system is the best in All Areas of the country.

Just want you guys to know that we are doing our bit on the coverage area thing, we have two cell antennas on the roof of the L shop and a new multi carrier antenna on the roof our our building, where we live.

If more people would just allow that cell tower up in their hood or on their building, the coverage problems would be a lot less, but can sometimes be the same old "Not in my backyard" thinking that limits your coverage.

Then again, the US is slightly larger than Japan, so what do I know? :dunno:

:D