My shop--Finally!

Roger Pozzi

Just thought it might be time to show you all my work shop. Since I moved into a retirement mobile home park and completely downsized everything, an 8’X12’ shed is now my space.
#1 is walking in the door.
#1.jpg
#2 is my bench area with clamp storage along with small misc. tools and some pegboard storage above the saw.
#2.jpg
#3 shows my table saw and thickness planer. The saw is on a shop built stand with 2 drawers and open storage below those. The planer is on a Craftsman rolling tool chest that was just the right size and provides a lot of drawer storage.
#3.jpg
#4 shows my drill press/bench grinder both mounted to a shop built rolling cart with 5 drawers under the press and recessed pegboard under the grinder. I think the plan was I Wood magazine about 3 or 4 years ago. Also, my router table designed and built after reading Bill Hylton’s books a number of times. I used a Craftsman deluxe router table fence that Sears had on clearance, a Rockler router lift FX that they offered on sale a while back. The dust collection was Bill Hylton’s idea which works perfectly for under the table collection. The basic cabinet has 2 small doored compartments and 1 drawer and open storage under that.
#4.jpg
# 5 is my shop vacuum set up with the Rockler Dust Right separator which does about as good a job as possible for me. Above is 2 shop built cabinets for finishing and maintenance supplies along with screw storage bins between them.
#5.jpg
#6 just shows the proximity of everything and the reason for good locking casters on everything but my bench. There isn’t much working space but I can still build things as long as they don’t get too big.
#6.jpg
Thank you for looking and I apologise for taking so much space.
Roger