"Fingers" taylor

larry merlau

well i will be having a hard time come next spring,, my buddy in Mississippi just informed me that he got a new member for his band.. fingers taylor who played for the jimmy buffet group, and asked to join in his band and they said yes and started to get his music and there's mixed together last night..

LINK

Hopefully they will send you a video or recording, not much better than a great picker combined with a great harmonica player, ought to be some great stuff:)

i thik this fingers guy can do both tom as does my friend down there,, and some music is on my list for sure... but i think i smell the sea breeze starting to blow my way alittle;)

Very cool, Larry. :thumb: Sound like Fingers has had some ups and downs over the years...here's hoping things continue to go up for him.

Very cool, Larry. :thumb: Sound like Fingers has had some ups and downs over the years...here's hoping things continue to go up for him.

havnt meet him yet but might in the future,, unfortunately i havnt read upon him just listened to what my buddy had to say and like most musicians they all seem to have highs and lows in one form or the other.. and i thought printing was bad:)

... and i thought printing was bad:)

Printers inhale toxic stuff as part of their jobs. Musicians inhale toxic stuff for the fun of it. :headbang:

Sort of a side-story...

Years ago I was driving into Hollywood, and I got caught up in a massive traffic jam. There was some sort of concert that night at the Hollywood Bowl, and from the looks of things, everyone in LA was going. I was behind a stretch limo for most of the way. (Limos are a dime a dozen in LA, so I thought nothing of it.) As we got closer to the Hollywood Bowl, there were a lot of people who had parked a mile or so away walking on the sidewalk, headed to the concert. Pretty soon, the sunroof on the limo opened up, and a stuffed parrot on a stick popped up above the roof of the car. This caught the attention of the sidewalk people, and they started gathering alongside the car. Pretty soon, Jimmy Buffett stood up through the sunroof and started chatting with the fans and signing autographs. (Traffic was moving v e r y slowly.) Turns out, of course, that Jimmy was playing the concert that night, and just having a hard time getting to the venue like everyone else. :D