Sharon's custom porch swing...

I hope this doesn't bore anybody but here is the swing while the final coat of Epifane's high gloss spar varnish drying.....
s26.jpg s25.jpg

In this next photo you can see the seat slats screws were countersunk and then the holes filled with an oak plug, cut and sanded smooth and finish applied.
s22.jpg

In this photo you can see the stainless steel bow eye nut and washers were countersunk, the holes plugged and finished. If you look close you can see the 2 pins pinning the front seat rail to the front arm rest post. There was 50 mortise and tenon joints in this swing. The only ones not double-pinned are the vertical back slats.

s23.jpg

It was truly a simple and yet very educational project. I learned a lot about sharp tools and tight tolerances among a lot of other lessons!

Last edited:
Looks wonderful Ken, you have done yourself proud!
I hope you two have many an enjoyable evening just setting and relaxing on your swing for many years to come!

Cheers!

Hate to be different on this one Ken, but it looks very unsafe to me. Ship it to Indy and I'll test it for say 15-20 years or so and let you know. LOL

Looks darned good to me. Enjoy!!!

I hope this doesn't bore anybody...

Yaaaaawwwwwwnnnn.

Are you kidding? :rolleyes: This is a woodworking project, man! That's what we all come here for.

The swing looks great, Ken. :clap: I'm betting that it'll still be holding up very well after Ron's testing period. (And what a generous offer he made, huh?) :D