"IF" ??????

If, you had to do it all over again.......... Give me

3 things you would have done different.

The reason I ask, we have here some of the honest , sincere, seasoned individuals I have meet on the Web.

Billy Gram asked this amongst 10 k. I'll give the #1 answer later.

Hmmm.

1. Had more confidence in myself.

2. Gone into a specialized trade, like a tool and die maker, or become an Anglican priest.

3. Spent my money and time more wisely.

#2 may seem contradictory, but they are two possible paths, not counting the Army which I couldn't do. Oh, I'd try to avoid getting type 1 diabetes, too. That can be a bitch. :eek:

If, you had to do it all over again.......... Give me

3 things you would have done different.

The reason I ask, we have here some of the honest , sincere, seasoned individuals I have meet on the Web.

Billy Gram asked this amongst 10 k. I'll give the #1 answer later.

1. finish college
2. learned how to deal with people sooner
3. spent more time with my family rather be gone to work somewhere.

1 - Met and married LOML much sooner!
2 - Gone to college. (I now know I was smart enough but had been a poor 'student' in high school and was afraid of college)
3 - Learned to manage money better. (Not that I've ever had much!)

I'm not sure I'd change anything. My past history has made me who I am. I've had lots of fun, been down and out, up again, etc....but it got me to where I am now and I'm happy. :D

I would have acted on growing up in a very difficult childhood much sooner and learned that I am the person God created and that makes me good enough for anyone else, including judgmental family members. It is liberating to know you can live happier without your knickers in a knot all the time!

But I am the person I am and that ain't too darn bad. :)

1.changed my eating habits when I first noticed I started packing on pounds after college and when I first got married
2.changed my eating habits when I first noticed I continued packing on pounds after my kids were born and felt I had plenty of time to lose it
3.changed my eating habits when my doctors told me if I keep this up, I wont be around much longer.

I don't think I'd change much, other than studying a little harder in school.

Here's a twist of this exercise. Looking back what are you glad you didn't do that would have led you down a different path.

When I first started college that not studying bit me in the rear. I pulled a 1.1GPA my first quarter. I can say I had one of the higher ones compared to the guys I was hanging with.:D I tried to talk my best friend into joining the military and he wouldn't have anything to do with it. Looking back if I had I probably wouldn't have met my wife, which was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I would have made most of the same mistakes all over again.....

They all turned out ok so far....

I made plenty of mistakes but am pretty satisfied with who I am and the mistakes along with what I did right are what got me here.....

I like to think I wouldn't have worked so hard but doing that is what taught me not to do it....
I would have liked to think I would have been a better student but then I would probably have been an engineer and tied to a desk..
I would like to think I wouldn't have been so bashful in my younger years but that may have been what let me wait till my wife came along.
I would like to think I would have started a family farm or business but my children are doing pretty well on their own. (Not that they don't get unsolicited advice from time to time. And the still asm me for advice from to time to time.)
There are a lot of things I like to think I would have done differently but I am smart enough to realize that as smart as I have gotten in thes 6 and a half decades i still make mistakes daily so why wouldn't I if I was starting with a clean slate.
I do wish I would have been more active in my faith for more of my life but I am still a work in progress there as well.

I am out spoken enough to figure most of you would still make mistakes if given a clean slate as well......:eek:

Last edited:
I'm thinking that if I had done things differently when I was younger then I wouldn't be where I am today. Marginal health, not much money, but a great wife of 41 years, 6 good kids and 12 wonderful grand kids.

I've thought about what would of happened if I finished college, made a career in the military, and been wiser with money but it is what it is. It ain't the life of Riley but life is pretty darn good right now, I wouldn't want to change anything.

I wouldn't complain if I hit the lottery tomorrow though :D

There are a few hurtful statements I made to friends when I was a teen I wish I hadn't spouted.

Other than that.....I wouldn't change a thing.......Life's been good to me.