hard to believe

Frank Fusco

On a muzzle loading discussion forum I belong to one of the more experienced members, and accomplished gun builder, stated he would like to build a particular model gun using a wood butt plate. He asked what kind of wood would we all reccomend. I reccomended either maple, stabilized maple or Osage Orange. He liked those ideas and I offered to send him a couple chunks of stabled maple and OO.
He received them yesterday then PMd me asking which was the maple and which was the OO. :eek::huh:
The OO was recently milled. I did it to send to him. Right after milling it went into the box for shipping. Meaning the color was still......well....Uh....bright Orange. :rolleyes:
He is an accomplished gun builder and maple is used extensively for these guns. And, he had to ask which was the maple. :huh:
Oh, well.

Maybe he was testing your knowledge ;),

Jokes apart, I find many times in my job that we must never give anything for granted, I seen people mounting corrugated board boxes inside out and complaint because it didn't look good.

One day I went to visit a customer with a scale model of a package that in full size measured about 4x3x4 feet, to show him the design, , when he saw the model his first comment was, "There must have been some mistake, our machine doesn't fit in that tiny box..."